You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everybody, I'm working with Affinity Designer for some weeks now but I'm new in this forum.

Just a question: is there a way to add some more color profiles, apart from those already included inside Affinity Designer? Or, if not, is this something that will be included sometimes in future?

I would like to have all my illustrations and files color managed the same way, despite they've been designed inside or outside Affinity Designer. And I don't like to make too many conversions through color profiles since you can lose precious info while converting from profile A to profile B.

I really like Affinity Designer, can't wait to be able to also manage Pantone colors and to export using standards for PDF like PDF/X etc

Best

Maurizio 

• Staff

Hi Maurizio,

Welcome to the forums.

You will need to install your colour profile within OS X, the colour profile needs to be copied into the following system folder.

Macintosh HD > Library > Colorsync > Profiles

Once the profile has been installed open Affinity Designer and select Affinity Designer > Preferences. The Colour tab has the drop down menus for you to change to the profile you have installed. You can also select a profile on the New Document window or change it on an existing document using the Document Setup button.

• 7 years later...

If this works in Affinity Designer, why is it not available in Affinity Publisher?

When submitting files to several book printers, it would be really handy to covert an entire file to the ICC profile the printer furnishes. Provided the printing service is actually switched on enough to offer a custom profile for their press.

Of course this applies primarily to books with many photos. Text heavy books with few images are not much of an issue.

Hi @roofusand welcome to the forums.

In Publisher, the working colour profile is controlled via the document setup. For printing or export, the colour profile can be selected in the print settings and/or the advanced export settings. If the printing service uses a certain colour format, it should make it available to the customer. This should then be included in the corresponding system directory of the operating system.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!