You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Paul Loh :)

A few fixes/changes were made to the clone tool but AFAIK it hasn't been overhauled between version 1.6 and 1.7. Could you expand on what you mean by responsive? Are you referring to the loupe selection, changing of the brush size or the clone brush preview after selecting a source? Could you possibly provide a screen recording demonstrating the issue?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Hi WilldOlive,

Welcome to the forums :) 

I'm very sorry to see this, I've tried to replicate your issue with the same settings and I'm not seeing the same bug currently. Could you please attach a copy of your .afphoto file, with History Saved (you can turn this on in the File menu) to this thread?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

2 hours ago, WilldOlive said:

As you can see, the Clone Stamp is working like a cube.

It is hard to tell what you are using from your file, but since it is the Clone Brush tool, it looks like you might be using a square brush with it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
8 hours ago, R C-R said:

since it is the Clone Brush tool, it looks like you might be using a square brush with it.

I agree, having tested your file WilldOlive my clone brush is working as expected. Could you please select the Clone Brush Tool, then click the 'More' button on the context toolbar to show the current brush in use - please provide a screenshot of this! It's default is a round brush, with no dynamics set, as shown below:
image.png

• Staff

Thanks for that, do you have any options set under Dynamics or Texture? It doesn't appear this way from your brush preview - but it's always worth checking.

5 hours ago, WilldOlive said:

I have this problem onIy when options Current layer and below and Layers Beneath are enabled. Everything is fine with Current layer

I've tried to replicate this using your document and regardless of the context toolbar options, my clone brush is working as expected, although I am using Windows here not Mac.
@R C-R Could you please try these options on your Mac and let me know if they work correctly on your end?

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Roger C said:

Are the missing blue lines just a UI bug?

It certainly looks to be, I'm not sure if this is related to the users Language settings on her Mac/within Affinity, but I'm going to look into it further tomorrow also as it's not something I've seen before!

18 minutes ago, Dan C said:

@R C-R Could you please try these options on your Mac and let me know if they work correctly on your end?

As best as I can tell, everything works correctly for me. I used the file from this post above; the brush settings shown below; all 3 layer options (Current Layer, Current Layer and Below, & Layers Beneath); & brushing on both the top pixel layer & the (unlocked) Arrière-plan pixel layer below it.

1378575048_mysettings.jpg.95eec3939887c78a740441fd9f8d39d3.jpg

As you can see, I also have the blue slider fills for Accumulation & Flow that are missing from the screenshot @WilldOlive posted.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I do have absolutely the same issue as WilldOlive. I have checked and tried all the different brush settings. As soon as the clone source is not the current layer, the cloned stroke ends suddenly. 

I am using Affinity Photo 1.7.1 on a MacBook Pro.

Best regards

Michel

5 hours ago, WilldOlive said:

Ok, i found the problem. It's coming from the Preferences.

If you use the Metal option in display (in Performance), you first have to change to another option, restart AFP, choose Metal and then restart again.

For me it's working

You have found a bug! It is reproducible too!

If you have Hardware Acceleration checked "Enable Metal computer acceleration" it forces Display to be Metal. If you turn off and change Display to Metal it's fine (or anything else). But once you check the box for hardware acceleration the problem is back.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 6.03.18 PM.jpg

This bug also rears itself when using Publisher and in Photo mode doing the same thing if Metal acceleration is on.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with the clone tool is one of alignment - whether the alignment button is off or on, the area cloned is a set distance from the originally selected point.   What I want to do is replicate the same point in several places i.e. unaligned.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?