Paul Loh

Affinity 1.7 - Clone tool

Hi Paul Loh :)

A few fixes/changes were made to the clone tool but AFAIK it hasn't been overhauled between version 1.6 and 1.7. Could you expand on what you mean by responsive? Are you referring to the loupe selection, changing of the brush size or the clone brush preview after selecting a source? Could you possibly provide a screen recording demonstrating the issue?

Hi WilldOlive,

Welcome to the forums :) 

I'm very sorry to see this, I've tried to replicate your issue with the same settings and I'm not seeing the same bug currently. Could you please attach a copy of your .afphoto file, with History Saved (you can turn this on in the File menu) to this thread?

2 hours ago, WilldOlive said:

As you can see, the Clone Stamp is working like a cube.

It is hard to tell what you are using from your file, but since it is the Clone Brush tool, it looks like you might be using a square brush with it.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

8 hours ago, R C-R said:

since it is the Clone Brush tool, it looks like you might be using a square brush with it.

I agree, having tested your file WilldOlive my clone brush is working as expected. Could you please select the Clone Brush Tool, then click the 'More' button on the context toolbar to show the current brush in use - please provide a screenshot of this! It's default is a round brush, with no dynamics set, as shown below:
image.png