You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I purchased Affinity Designer and Photo a while ago. Since, i'm prompted to update Designer on the app store at every update you release. But the Photo update never appears in the update panel of the appstore. And when i visit the app page on the store, the price of the app is displayed instead of the usual "open" button, inviting me to buy the app again..

What should i do? I'm stuck on version 1.5.2 of Photo for a while now... Please help.

Thanks for paying attention to this message.

Regards.

k.

• Staff
2 hours ago, abk said:

Hi,

I purchased Affinity Designer and Photo a while ago. Since, i'm prompted to update Designer on the app store at every update you release. But the Photo update never appears in the update panel of the appstore. And when i visit the app page on the store, the price of the app is displayed instead of the usual "open" button, inviting me to buy the app again..

What should i do? I'm stuck on version 1.5.2 of Photo for a while now... Please help.

Thanks for paying attention to this message.

Regards.

k.

Hi ABK,

Usually in the past when the App Store has shown the option to buy instead of update the cause has been that the user was logged into the Mac App Store with a different Apple ID to the one they used when they purchased the app. I recommend contacting the Mac App Store support team regarding this as they will be able to help you find out if you have two accounts.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Callum,

thanks for your help. I never had more than one apple ID. However, i think i might have bought the Photo app directly from affinity...

But it’s been a while ago, i’m not sure.

i’ll contact the mac app store to sort this out.

thanks!

• Staff
11 minutes ago, abk said:

Hi @Callum,

thanks for your help. I never had more than one apple ID. However, i think i might have bought the Photo app directly from affinity...

But it’s been a while ago, i’m not sure.

i’ll contact the mac app store to sort this out.

thanks!

I can't see any record of you purchasing the app directly from us using the email address you signed up to the forums with.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Callum,

Thanks for the kind reply.

I don’t know what email address i used to sign in the forum, but here’s the one i use for purchasing from affinity’s online store: kader.hamza@free.fr

Could you check the records again please ?

thank you for your time.

k.