You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 is extremly slow with wacom intous pen

Hi, I installed the update (Windows 8) and now the program reacts extremly slow while I'm using the graphic pen with the tablet. I've put settings on high precise tablet use - it takes quite a while until I see anything of what I was drawing. Putting the setting on normal it is slow and really unprecise. AF 1.6.5 worked smooth and quick, real time to say. What can I do to make it work comfortable?

• Staff

Hi shockanne,

Have you checked and made sure you are using the latest drivers available for your Wacom tablet? Which brushes are you using and at what size and could you do a screen recording showing the issue.

Hi Lee D, I didn't check the drivers of the Wacom tablet - but will do. Thanks for that. I still don't understand why it worked so smoothly with Affinity Photo 1.6.5.
I don't think that just a screenshot will show the issue (a video I can't make), except that with normal settings it works very slow and with high precise settings it's exremely slow - I see for quite a while no line that I drew. And when I draw round lines, they aren't smooth but have edges. I used the normal brushes of the program, sizes varied from 8 to 32 pixels.
Greetings from Berlin.

Hi again, I updated the driver for Wacom tablet - but it didn't change anything. :(

Deinstallation and new installation didn't work either. Here two screenshots - one with Affinity Photo 1.6.5 and the other with 1.7. You can see clearly the difference in how the brush reacts.

Screenshot_1.6.5.jpg

Screenshot_1.7.jpg

Change the "Druck" setting from 0% to something higher.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.