You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot save or export - Save/Export Dialog box clears, but hangs

Hi Guys, 

I cannot export a file nor can I save any content because the dialog box clears, but does not save or export. I have attached a screenshot of what happens when I try to save or export (I get this and nothing happens). 

I am running 1.7.0 Affinity on MacOS 10.12.6. 

Any help? 

Stan

Untitled.jpeg

• Staff

Hi mrlyingman,

Unfortunately I believe this is a bug in Sierra and generally occurs when attempting to overwrite or rename a file or folder in that dialog. Apple do seem to have resolved it in Mojave (although I can understand you maybe not wanting to upgrade). Does the issue go away if you turn off Sidebar or use the smaller save dialog?

• Staff
Just now, mrlyingman said:

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for the reply. 

No. Same issue when smaller. 

Sometimes, I get "Allow access to the folder to export multiple files" when I'm only exporting one file. 

Any help? 

Does it work if you save into a new folder where it wouldn't have the same filename? Regarding the 'Allow access...' message that is an unfortunate change caused by Publisher that was only noticeable when it was released on the Mac App Store (due to sandboxing permissions). This should be resolved in the next release.

• Staff
44 minutes ago, mrlyingman said:

Thanks for the reply Sean. 

It does work when I export/save to another folder. :)

So does that mean I'll need to save to another place and then drag the file to the folder I want? 

Unfortunately that might have to be the case, alternatively does adding a number to the end of the file name at the top of the dialog avoid the issue so you don't have to save in a separate folder? 

• Staff
22 minutes ago, mrlyingman said:

No difference when I add a number to the end of the file. 

Is there any way for rolling back to the previous version? 

If it was purchased through the Mac App Store then unfortunately there is not. The only way would be to restore from a Time Machine backup.

10 minutes ago, Sean P said:

If it was purchased through the Mac App Store then unfortunately there is not. The only way would be to restore from a Time Machine backup.

Unfortunately, I didn't back that up in TM. I think I'll need to find another alternative. I'm disappointed to say the least. 

thanks for your help.