You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pictures in a text column issue

***** ISSUE SOLVED - WAS AN ISSUE WITH THE USE OF THE "FILLER TEXT". IF YOU TYPE IN OR COPY/PASTE TEXT FROM ANOTHER SOURCE, THEN YOU DO NOT GET THE FORMATTING ISSUE DESCRIBED BELOW. JUST SOMETHING TO BE AWARE OF IF YOU ARE TESTING THINGS OUT ******

----------------------------------------

Has anyone come across this issue (see image attached): I have a page with two long text boxes side by side (not one textbox split into two columns. I place a Picture Frame in each and then add an image to the frame. (I've also done it with just adding an image without a "Picture Frame" and get the same result)

Text wrap for both large columns is exactly the same, "Square" -- although the same happens if "Jump" or "Tight" is selected.

If I move the right picture frame down just slightly (you can see the guideline with red arrow indicators), I lose all the text below the picture except for a single line of text.. I can move the picture further down and only a single line of text below the picture shows. But if I move the picture up, equal with the picture on the left, all the text fills in below the picture.

Moving either picture up works fine. Just moving it down below a certain point results in problems.

What is going on????

- Running Windows 10 and latest build of Publisher.

AP image 1.png

Ok, I tried something else. A full page text box with a picture added. When I move the picture around with text wrap as "Square" or "Tight" it works fine (picture smaller than text box width). But when I choose "Jump" and move the picture down below a certain point, I lose all text except for a single line.

As with the picture in my first post above, when I use "Jump", there is a point when the full page has text and if I move it down slightly, I lose the text (see guidelines). The location of where I lose the text is dependent on the "Distance From Text" setting in the "Text Wrap" dialog box. If I input a 'bottom' distance of 10 mm for example, I lose the text below earlier as I move the image from top to bottom. In the image shown below, the 'bottom' distance is set to 0 mm.

See images below:

AP image 2.png

AP image 3.png

Noticed there was a new build out this morning so downloaded and installed. Still having the same issue. So I have included the actual Affinity file. It is a 2 page file with each page having a single textbox with filler text (I did not copy from one page to the other...I set up each page separately). I then added a picture to each page and set the text wrap to "Jump". Depending on where in the page I locate the picture I either get a good wrap (page 1) or I end up with just a single line of text below the picture (page 2).

I haven't added a "Character" or "Paragraph" style to the text but I tested it last night - on the .376 build - and it didn't matter whether I there was a style or not. Still the same issue.

AP image page 1.png

AP image page 2.png

Rabbit _Text Wrap Jump.afpub

36 minutes ago, Dean Reardon said:

Noticed there was a new build out this morning so downloaded and installed. Still having the same issue. So I have included the actual Affinity file. It is a 2 page file with each page having a single textbox with filler text (I did not copy from one page to the other...I set up each page separately). I then added a picture to each page and set the text wrap to "Jump". Depending on where in the page I locate the picture I either get a good wrap (page 1) or I end up with just a single line of text below the picture (page 2).

I haven't added a "Character" or "Paragraph" style to the text but I tested it last night - on the .376 build - and it didn't matter whether I there was a style or not. Still the same issue.

Rabbit _Text Wrap Jump.afpub

Interesting.

To me it looks like it has something to do with the filler text that is not expanded as a field. Try the same with regular text that fills both frames completely and you will see the jump wrap works as expected.

This leaves the question why is the filler text in frame 2 too short?

How did you create the two different text frames? Exactly the same way?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was an issue when using filler text!!!!!

************DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH YOU USE OTHER TEXT*******************

I just copied some text from a website/news story, pasted into notepad (to remove any formatting) and then copied and pasted into a new text frame, added picture and it works just fine!!!!

Problem solved!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.