You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Line Around Images

Just had a problem I didn't have before when exporting to PDF. I did a coloring book and on the PDF export, there was a thin line around all the images.These are the lines you see when laying images but they are not supposed to show on the PDF and they never did it before. I believe I solved the problem by checking "Preview" but I shouldn't have needed to do that.

Windows 10 Home, Acer R572 and Lenovo Yoga 720, 16 GB.

Without seeing the PDF hardly to solve, but I would guess these are very, very thin lines? If this is so, it is a rendering problem of the PDF viewer, which can be solved in the PDF viewers preferences. Or upload the PDF here, so that we see what happend.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thank you for your reply, Joachim. Here are two extracted pages. I have done lots of PDF exports in Publisher and this is the first time that this problem occurred. I usually work in color so maybe a b&w document makes the issue more obvious. The lines you see around the images are the image's boundaries, not page guides.

I have Foxit Pro. However, the client I did the work for was the one who pointed it out to me and I confirmed it after opening on my PDF viewer. In Publisher, I checked Preview mode, which removes all the guidelines, etc. and exported the file. It was fine. I will try again on the latest beta (384) as the issue may have been fixed.

As I thought, this is no error from Publisher, it is a rendering error in your PDF viewer. If smoothing images is disabled, the thin lines vanish. see image. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the correct setting, I have no Foxit  Pro.

smoothimages.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Totally distracted from the question by the fact that the missing letters all have two dashes?!

T r _ _ d y

T r u u d y?

And why does "friends" have an apostrophe?

And why doesn't the question end with a question mark?

:/

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

Hi all,

Those lines are actual artefacts in the image - Perhaps you tried to erase the background and did not do it completely. Without seeing the project file, it's hard to tell what's going on. 

image.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.