You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just purchased Affinity Designer, now I have both the trial and purchased version on my iMac.  How do I uninstall the trial, does it disappear on its own?  I've searched both Apple Support and your forum for an answer.

• Staff

Hi JD4,

Just simply drag the trial version's icon onto your Trash and it will be removed :) Hope to see you around the forums soon - there's lots of helpful people and great sources of tips and inspiration! :)

Thanks,

Matt

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

as far as i know, the affinity photo and designer application icons "work" the same way as any other application icon. you can move them forth and back from any folder to the trash... unless you don't have write privileges for the folder where you placed the app, but in this case the finder should ask for an admin name/password.

it is also possible that the finder prevents you to trash the app if it is running. check that you closed the app before trashing the icon.

take care,

stefano

• 1 year later...

MEB,

We purchased Designer and Photo.  How does one uninstall the expired Designer and Photo Trials from Windows 7?

When I use "Open with" in the contextual menu, it has the trial versions listed, but does not differentiate between the two.  Can't tell which one is the trial.  See attachment.

Also, they're all listed under the "General" tab of file properties, and I don't see a way of removing them in order to reestablish "Open with" file type.  See attachment.

Can the apps folders be deleted from the hard disk's "Program Files" folder, or would that cause a bunch of havoc on a Windows system?

post-52251-0-15057600-1487915052_thumb.png

post-52251-0-01214500-1487915080_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi B-Enterprises,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No don't delete the applications directly from the Program Files folder. To uninstall Affinity applications go to the Control Panel (you can search for it in the Windows Start menu), click Uninstall a program link below the Programs section title, then double-click the application you want to uninstall (one at a time).

I'm installing the trial here to check the name issue but it should be correctly identified (as Affinity Designer Trial) when uninstalling the apps (or from the menus).

• 1 year later...