You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw Photo is very dark

2 hours ago, BorderlessCaptures said:

My monitor is not HDR, i am not really sure how to troubleshoot this problem all i know is that it looks dark in raw mode (but not in the nav/preview) and i have to up the gamma in 32bit preview window to get them to match, but even then everything color/exposure related seems a bit off, maybe its physiological but i have not been able to get a result i am happy with ever since 1.7

What monitor are you using? Are you on Windows 10? I've just added a fix for dark images on HDR monitors which will be available in the next beta, when it's available if you could give it a try and let me know how you get on that would be good.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:34 AM, Mark Ingram said:

I assume you have a HDR monitor then? I'm going to make a change in the next version that will only enable the HDR capabilities if explicitly enabled by the user (currently the HDR capabilities of the monitor, and the "issue" with Windows I described will be activated for any 32-bit images).

I solved this problem in the short term by going back to version 1.65      JDEV 0n 7/12/2019

• 4 months later...

I'm seeing something like this on the 1.7 trial. It is kind of hard to evaluate this software with this issue. I'm running in windows on a Surface Pro 7. I'm not familiar with HDR mode but I only see it mentioned for video in the display settings and toggling that doesn't change the behavior. Not sure why the raw image is so dark but the navigation image is not.

The HDR selection won't let me select it in the app. Really I have no clue if my monitor is an HDR monitor.