You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.7.0.367] Designer won't add new style if color hasn't changed

Designer only let us add a new style when fill- or border-color has changed.

But that's not right, because we should also be able to add a new styles when we changed other style-properties, like the border width, style (solid, dashed...), arrowheads (types, sizes...) and so on, because those properties got saved in styles too.

See video:

Hi @Sean P, I wanted to add a 'thank you' icon on your reaction, but for some odd reason I get this one again: cannot add more reactions today.

Don't understand why, because today I only pasted 1 single comment and 1 or 2 likes I believe. Do we have some week maximum or something? Anyway, thanks for your reaction. Looking forward to the fix! :)

image.png.a6d73dd3863650ef2d5cc2639d3b7112.png

• Staff

That's not a problem. I believe that message has been implemented by the forum developers to avoid abusing the 'Member Reputation' number in green by the avatar. Some of these reactions increase that value giving them a better 'reputation'. That is about all I know though! :)

14 hours ago, Friksel said:

Hi @Sean P, I wanted to add a 'thank you' icon on your reaction, but for some odd reason I get this one again: cannot add more reactions today.

Don't understand why, because today I only pasted 1 single comment and 1 or 2 likes I believe. Do we have some week maximum or something? Anyway, thanks for your reaction. Looking forward to the fix! :)

image.png.a6d73dd3863650ef2d5cc2639d3b7112.png

I don’t think “today” means “since midnight local time”. It seems to be a rolling 24-hour count, so if you wait an hour or two you’ll usually find that the earliest reactions which contributed to the total are no longer counted and you can add some more.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 hours ago, Alfred said:

I don’t think “today” means “since midnight local time”. It seems to be a rolling 24-hour count, so if you wait an hour or two you’ll usually find that the earliest reactions which contributed to the total are no longer counted and you can add some more.

Yes, I got the same feeling about it