You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Enable physical keyboard “delete” key to delete selected objects

5 minutes ago, DesignConor said:

And CMD + D to duplicate instead of copy and pasting everything!

The standard ‘Duplicate’ shortcut on Mac is Cmd+J. I would expect a Cmd+D to deselect a pixel selection.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

12 minutes ago, DesignConor said:

I’d settle for  CMD + J then! I just want a keyboard duplicate.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...

Could someone explain why this is still missing from the shortcuts options? Is it complicated to bind the Delete key on the keyboard to the delete an object function?

Any explanation would be great, otherwise this is just absurd! The iPad OS becomes more and more powerful with each update and I like using my iPad at home with a keyboard and I can’t understand why some app developers are so stubborn to ignore this fact and why they keep pushing towards only to the touch controls.

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

Beside the missing of a delete shortcut, spacebar+drag to navigate the artboard is also an important shortcut that never made it to the ipad version. These two omissions are stopping me from using the ipad version.

Sometimes I wonder these obvious omissions are intentional by the dev team to weaken the ipad version tho.

11 hours ago, otmaxhai said:

Beside the missing of a delete shortcut, spacebar+drag to navigate the artboard is also an important shortcut that never made it to the ipad version. These two omissions are stopping me from using the ipad version.

Sometimes I wonder these obvious omissions are intentional by the dev team to weaken the ipad version tho.

Same here... panning with the spacebar is also a must for a keyboard work flow. And I know what you mean about the iPad version... it took them a long time to even add some basic keyboard shortcuts. 

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

• 4 weeks later...

Still missing that would be greatly  helped by keyboard shortcuts:

• Delete
  • Undo
  • Redo
  • Deselect (broken)
  • Close Window
  • Hide/Unhide UI
  • Resize Brush Larger
  • Resize Brush Smaller

Hitting those little targets from one corner of the display to the other is a PITA.

Also, while we're at it, when I hide the UI, then open a panel to change a brush, then close the panel, the UI remains, meaning I have to hit that tiny little target in the top right corner, which does weird things half the time, like opening a panel. This is the reason for a Hide/Unhide UI keyboard shortcut. (Though really the UI should hide itself if it was hidden when I opened and then closed the panel.)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I’ve just created an account just to add to this matter: it is really sad to see these basic features to be absent for a piece of software that feels otherwise very complete in my opinion. Being unable to use SPACE BAR + DRAG to navigate the canvas is really frustrating. Using the navigator window is not really useful when using a mouse. And a really easy fix for this could be giving us the possibility to use the space bar as a shortcut for the HAND tool, which is currently disabled from the beginning and should pop up instantly when a mouse is connected to the iPad.

I’ve also noticed how difficult is to zoom in and out. The mouse wheel isn’t working at all. It would be nice to use ALT + MOUSE WHEEL for that, as many desktop software do. Again, the navigator is not useful in this situation.

I hope this thread eventually leads to an actual fix and doesn’t get buried again. Thank you!