You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 Batch Processing Crash

Hey folks.  I have a problem after updating.  I am trying to run a batch job on a photo shoot and apply a macro.  I am able to set up the job and select the files, select the directory, and I'm saving the files as .aphoto files with the macro applied.  I process the files in parallel and, while watching the process run, the files begin to save into the directory.  The process runs until a couple of files save, then the process stops running and seems to pause, and then Photo crashes completely.  I've run it with just a few files and with fifty files.  It crashes the same way each time.  It offers no error codes or crash dialogue.  The program just closes.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Tony

• Staff
3 minutes ago, tonyk11 said:

Hey folks.  I have a problem after updating.  I am trying to run a batch job on a photo shoot and apply a macro.  I am able to set up the job and select the files, select the directory, and I'm saving the files as .aphoto files with the macro applied.  I process the files in parallel and, while watching the process run, the files begin to save into the directory.  The process runs until a couple of files save, then the process stops running and seems to pause, and then Photo crashes completely.  I've run it with just a few files and with fifty files.  It crashes the same way each time.  It offers no error codes or crash dialogue.  The program just closes.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Tony

Hi TonyK11,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you try this with parallel processing turned off to see if this improves performance?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

If you run it without the macro does it still crash

i.e. just converting the files to .aphoto files 

(Keep parallel processing off)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 7 months later...