You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid problem in develop mode

When using the RAW develop tools, I have turned on the grid.

There are a couple of problems that have become immediately apparent:

1. The grid does not fill the whole canvas
  2. The grid moves as you pan around the image with an almost parallax type of movement

• Staff

Hi robinp,
Regarding the grid I believe you meant the canvas + the pasteboard area around? Is that correct? For me the grid covers the whole canvas area (not the pasteboard area around) in all apps. It was designed to work this way. If you find this important for you please consider adding a feature/improvement request in the Suggestions for Affinity Photo on Desktop area.

I'm not having issues with panning here. The grid moves along with the image for me. If you go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Performance, untick Enable Metal compute acceleration and change the Display dropdown to OpenGL does it do the same? What's your Mac specs?

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

I believe you meant the canvas + the pasteboard area around? Is that correct?

No, I meant the canvas. The grid wasn’t anchored to the top left of the image and as I scrolled / panned around, the relationship of the grid to the edges of the image / canvas changed. 

I’ll get a screen grab video next time I see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, MEB said:

If you go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Performance, untick Enable Metal compute acceleration and change the Display dropdown to OpenGL does it do the same? What's your Mac specs?

I’ll give this a go too. Thanks 

• Staff

Hi robinp,
Thanks for the clarification. Then something is definitely wrong. Please try to change to OpenGL and see if it improves things. I'm assuming you currently have the Display set to Metal and Metal compute acceleration enabled. What's you Mac specs? Can you post a screenshot of the Apple > About This Mac dialog please? That you.

Hi 

Here are my specs.

image.thumb.png.9dcfb2ef7d07f751dbc664def78d9e8d.png

I have just tried it again and the grid seemed to be working properly. I have a feeling that it might be when I have an external monitor attached. Certainly, when it was not working correctly that was with an external display.

I do currently have the Metal acceleration enabled so I will experiment when I manage to reproduce the error whether turning Metal off fixes it.

thanks

Robin

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.