You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello all

I evaluate AP 1.7 as a replacement for Lightroom but run in some very basic problems with raw file development.

1. When I develop one single raw file (DNG from Lightroom) AP writes a huge file (121MB versus 19MB original). This is no good. Is there a way to save the adjustments done in a fair way without using the alternative formats like tif, jpg etc. ?

2. I want to develop several  raw files (DNG from Lightroom) at once with a batch process and saving them in jpg or tif for further processing. However, I do not manage to apply the individually made macro in Photo Persona to process the RAW files in Photo Develop, although I can select the macro. Possibly the macros are not compatible? How can I process several raw files the same way?

3. Is it still not possible in AP to save adjustments made in single raw files in an undestructive way?

Thank you for your helpful answers.

Best regards,

What would really help is some kind of library like in Lightroom. I think, photos are being streamed from the hard drive, which means that more files don't mean less performance.. this performance and speed (Efficiency, but with the ability to go more complex, including scientific parameters) thing is a real important thing. 

• Staff

Hi MaSp,

Welcome to the forums :) 

23 hours ago, MaSp said:

1. When I develop one single raw file (DNG from Lightroom) AP writes a huge file (121MB versus 19MB original). This is no good. Is there a way to save the adjustments done in a fair way without using the alternative formats like tif, jpg etc. ?

We've detected a file size bloating bug in the latest release and we're working to fix this currently!

23 hours ago, MaSp said:

2. I want to develop several  raw files (DNG from Lightroom) at once with a batch process and saving them in jpg or tif for further processing. However, I do not manage to apply the individually made macro in Photo Persona to process the RAW files in Photo Develop, although I can select the macro. Possibly the macros are not compatible? How can I process several raw files the same way?

Unfortunately the batch process feature doesn't follow the same RAW processing as the Develop Persona, so we don't recommend batch processing RAW files.

You can however save a Preset in the Develop Persona, so you can quickly apply the same values to any RAW image opened.

23 hours ago, MaSp said:

3. Is it still not possible in AP to save adjustments made in single raw files in an undestructive way?

Not yet, but it's still a feature we'd like to implement in a future release :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dan C

However, as a photographer the ability to BATCH process RAW# files is a must when you shoot 300 or more photos on a single shoot.  Is this feature being worked on?

I watched a friend last weekend take my RAW pictures and run it through LighRoom. On the fly he created Macros that allowed him to apply it to other RAW fie and click none button to apply that macro.  It took him only  20 minutes to go through 300 photos.

• Staff

We aren't actively working on this but it's certainly a feature we'd like to add in the future, as this would fit nicely in an Affinity DAM app - but this is simply conjecture as we have no official plans for this at this time, my apologies.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is a feature that would be great to have for me. I am trying to batch develop a bunch of DNGs converted from a HD RAW video file shot on my Canon 5D MK3 (using Magic Lantern). It is unfortunate that the macro record feature is not available in the Develop persona. An 8 second Full HD RAW shot will generate 203 RAW frames at 25 frames per second. Developing them one by one is just not the way to go.

Please do consider developing and adding this feature in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...