You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.384 (RC1)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements and Fixes
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)
Download: No longer available
Auto-update: Available

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 384 (RC1) is now available as a download from the link above. To be notified of further updates please press follow on this announcement thread

We are very happy with Affinity Publisher 1.7 and are moving towards the final stages for launch, but would still urge some caution with respect to using this version for critical work as it is still possible we may have missed something that may cause you issues.

That said, please note that we aren’t done yet - we are still working through reported bugs and hope to fix as many as possible before launch. After launch we will start a new Customer Beta for those who wish to have early access to on-going updates and fixes.

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. 

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

----

Fixes / Improvements

Open / Import / Export
Publisher now offer to convert Artboards to spreads for Photo documents as well as Designer documents
Warn before Export / Print if there are linked resource issues
Fixed PDF Export issue with zero height lines
Fixed RTF Export issue / crash when copy pasting text from Publisher
PDF Export - Fix for Greyscale export of RGB documents / placed RGB images
(Win) Fixed "Export text as curves" for EPS export
(Win) Fix for documents with facing pages always showing Page 1 when opened

Tools / Panels
Better handling of Convert To Curves for text frames
Fix crash with localised swatch names
Fixes for TOC Panel layout on windows

Text
Selecting text with keyboard would switch between pages at the wrong point
Fix crash when deleting path of Path Text
Tweaked attributes for text inserted after line break
Fixes for updates to Global Colours used in the StyleSheet
Fixes for Baseline Grid and Vertical Justify when text Baseline Grid text attribute is not set
Fixes for Bullet / Numbered List text UI
Fix for duplication of Pinned Text nodes
(Win) Font traits aren't always correctly highlighted in dropdown
(Win) Fixed Detach Paragraph from Text Style

Tables
Fixed hang editing Tables due to rounding errors when fitting text
Decorations fixed for rotated text in Table Cells
Fixes for Cell selection issues

Resource Manager
Better management on selection in Resource Manager when working with resources

Images
Fixes for Posterize adjustment

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 376

May I add my name to the (hopefully) HUGE number of people wanting to say Thank you for creating a sensible alternative to the Adobe/Quark domination of DTP! My collection Photo/Designer/Publisher is now complete.

All I require now is a vector warp tool in Designer ;) Feel free to have a break for a couple of days and then I'll gladly test your 1.7.1 beta with said tool!!!

Excellent to see the FC1 of this, just as I wanted to tackle something a little chunkier with it. :)
However, I see the persona buttons STILL don't work. When pressed, it references the fact it's a beta - I thought it was meant to be FC1? I'm running .384...

Am I missing something?? :| 

On 6/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, MEB said:

Hi junOlive,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The Designer and Photo Personas will become available in the retail version of Publisher (which will be launched June 19).

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thank you the fix in 384 has resolved my spell check error where it was checking a page of text and dive off somewhere else.

Also without changing any settings the spell check is now learning and saving new words.

Selecting text with keyboard would switch between pages at the wrong point

Edited by John T
Added more information

Setup failed and needed a reboot to reinstall the program which had been wiped out by the attempted upgrade

I really hope you get this fixed before you roll out the final version. It was fixed for one beta some time ago but then broke again. It only happens with Publisher 

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Hello!

I love Publisher, it's working well, I only have one problem. It would be great if you make possible hebrew letters order (from right to left). Now the letters are turning the wrong way when I'm copying text with hebrew words. Or I don't know something about the functionalities. In this case, please help :)

Installed the beta 384 on Windows 10.1709 (yes, it's old). Publisher wasn't already installed but I did have it installed earlier on this system. Everything went well. Startup worked, I shortly tested linked text blocks with some decorations and text flow around an image. No problems at all while moving things around on the page. For anything else, I'd probably have to watch tutorials first, or spend more time exploring on my own.

4 hours ago, Skumba said:

Updating to this new version has left me with no access to PUBLISHER. The Icon is inaccessible, as is the Folder in C:\Programs

I cannot delete this folder even as Administrator.

HELP PLEASE.

I use Lock hunter which installs on the right click menu and will unlock or delete locked files and folder. SOMETIMES it can only do it by rebooting

https://lockhunter.com/

There is also unlocker that does the same thing but the installer throws virus warnings. They are false positives but there they are

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 6/12/2019 at 12:12 PM, JDub said:

Excellent to see the FC1 of this, just as I wanted to tackle something a little chunkier with it. :)
However, I see the persona buttons STILL don't work. When pressed, it references the fact it's a beta - I thought it was meant to be FC1? I'm running .384...

FC1? RC1, means release candidate 1...

Software installed without a problem. Can start Publisher up without any problem.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:12 AM, JDub said:

The buttons for Designer and Photo will ONLY work in the release version of Publisher and with officially purchased copies of Designer and Photo and with CUSTOMER beta's. It will NOT work in PUBLIC beta's...

Quote from Patrick Connor:

"be aware I said customer betas, those released after we launch to preview fixes and more new features. The PUBLIC betas 1.7.0.376 won't ever show those personas, indeed it will stop working."

58 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

FC1? RC1, means release candidate 1...

Software installed without a problem. Can start Publisher up without any problem.

Haha! Yes, I meant RC1 - Just a typo. My bad. 

• Staff
6 hours ago, wealliam said:

Hi,i want to know schedule about the affinity-publisher of Chinese.

@wealliam

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. Affinity Publisher will be available in simplified Chinese from its launch on the 19th June 2019

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon