The Titi

Failed to load document

Hi there,

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 I can no longer open one of my local files and I get this error message:

"Failed to load document: "doc name " 
Access to the document file was lost while performing initial loading.
The document must now be closed."

Thanks

Thierry

193196467_Capturedecran2019-06-11a11_36_35.png.fafa0d68185ebabb776db50371bbde79.png

Thank you very much for the file. I've been able to get it to load in 1.6, but was unable to make any saves to it. However I did notice that your document is set up to use what looks to be your monitors colour profile. I then converted the document to use sRGB and I was then able to save and open the document in 1.7. I have passed this on to development to take a look into as to what might be the issue with the file itself.

However in the meantime see below for the link to the resaved version. However please investigate this file properly and err on the side of caution, as I'm not entirely sure how healthy those images are in the document:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6xk14sv7yliw5v/Mosaic_Resaved.afdesign?dl=0

Hi hctralndr,

Unfortunately the issue with your file is different to the original poster's issue. Looking at your file there is large chunks of data missing from it so it is unfortunately not possible to recover it.

Have you been working on your file whilst using Google Drive File Stream? If so is there any additional copies of the file available using File History to recover from? It seems according to other people that this can cause data loss/corrupt files. 

https://www.scss.tcd.ie/joeran.beel/blog/2019/04/02/google-file-stream-a-horror-story-with-corrupted-files-and-more/