You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to load document

Hi there,

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 I can no longer open one of my local files and I get this error message:

"Failed to load document: "doc name " 
Access to the document file was lost while performing initial loading.
The document must now be closed."

Thanks

Thierry

193196467_Capturedecran2019-06-11a11_36_35.png.fafa0d68185ebabb776db50371bbde79.png

• Staff

Thank you very much for the file. I've been able to get it to load in 1.6, but was unable to make any saves to it. However I did notice that your document is set up to use what looks to be your monitors colour profile. I then converted the document to use sRGB and I was then able to save and open the document in 1.7. I have passed this on to development to take a look into as to what might be the issue with the file itself.

However in the meantime see below for the link to the resaved version. However please investigate this file properly and err on the side of caution, as I'm not entirely sure how healthy those images are in the document:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6xk14sv7yliw5v/Mosaic_Resaved.afdesign?dl=0

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hi hctralndr,

Unfortunately the issue with your file is different to the original poster's issue. Looking at your file there is large chunks of data missing from it so it is unfortunately not possible to recover it.

Have you been working on your file whilst using Google Drive File Stream? If so is there any additional copies of the file available using File History to recover from? It seems according to other people that this can cause data loss/corrupt files. 

https://www.scss.tcd.ie/joeran.beel/blog/2019/04/02/google-file-stream-a-horror-story-with-corrupted-files-and-more/

• 4 months later...

Hey there, 

Just had a quick inquire about an issue we had repeatedly having with Affinity Designer. 

This issues has occurred many times stating:

“Failed to load document ‘doc name’. The document appears to be corrupted. The document must now be closed.” 

1573249678_Screenshot2020-04-14at15_15_01.png.312d3213b9a6831a93d2e069d7f4e601.png

After this message appears, we cannot access our files or edit them. However we can briefly view the design and then the ‘afdesign’ file closes down. 

We then tried to opening file in the other Affinity programs like Affinity Publisher and even Photoshop, however the same problem occurs. We also tried rebooting Affinity Designer, by deleting it from our laptops and reinstalling it however the files did open. 

We then researched online how to avoid this issue occurring by making sure: 

- We had the latest software for Affinity 

- All assets/ folders are neatly located on the Google Drive with the ‘afdesign’ file

- Made a copy outside the Google Drive

Doing these actions still created the error to appear.

It would be great if we got some help/ info from this issue to avoid future problems. 

Thanks,

Jay

(: