You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

'Include Bleed' missing in PDF export persona

I just realized that now as well, am i missing something? 

If i a document(with bleed specified) export with keyboard shortcut (command+shift+option+e) in pdf format, and go to “more” and tick all the printing signages (which does not include bleed for some reason), my bleed is visible and the document has surpassed the bleed area (as it should) so no problem there. 

But if i have a multiple bleed specified documents, each in their own artboard, and i create slices of each of them in export persona with all the printing initials selected and ticked, and hit export. The result is the same except where the bleed is shown, the document has not surpassed the bleed, making it irrelevant.

is there a new workflow to this?

Exporting individual artboards in PDF with bleed does not seem to work anymore. At all. I have hundreds of templates that worked fine with version 1.6, but no longer export artboards with bleed in version 1.7. Yikes!!!! 

Workaround:  
Export as a multipage PDF from the Designer persona, then open the PDF in Acrobat Pro* and split the pages in individual files. Or you can export individual artboards from the Designer persona, one at the time, and you need to rename them manually, every times. None of the above will take into account slices that do not cover an entire artboard.  *Ouch comes to mind (to be polite).

I'll try to restore 1.6 from my backup and hope that I can open newly created files. Affinity, please fix this quickly, that's a serous problem. 

Edited by arkinien
technical error

Update: On Mac, if you have a backup system, such as time machine for example, you can restore Designer 1.6 and still run Designer 1.7. So at least, you won't lock up file you have not saved with 1.7. 

• Note 1. You can only run one version at the time. 
  • Note 2. Both versions share the same preference files, so this will mess up all your palette tools, etc. every times you swich version. Consider creating a MAcOs separate user profile just to run the alternate version;  or if you know how, and have the time, create a automator scrip to save and restore Affinity user preferences, so you can alternate, or restore your setup for each version.

22 hours ago, Airton said:

When you try to export only the selected artboards in File> Export, you also do not have the option to export with bleed.

Just thought I'd mention, the 'Include Bleed' option is present when exporting a PDF using FILE > EXPORT

It is in a different place now though. Make sure you have added a bleed in 'Document Setup...' then go to FILE > EXPORT > PDF. The option is a checkbox on the main export box underneath 'Don't export layers hidden by export persona'

1 hour ago, Checkmate said:

Just thought I'd mention, the 'Include Bleed' option is present when exporting a PDF using FILE > EXPORT

It is in a different place now though. Make sure you have added a bleed in 'Document Setup...' then go to FILE > EXPORT > PDF. The option is a checkbox on the main export box underneath 'Don't export layers hidden by export persona'

I noticed there is a new checkbox.

What I was saying is that you can only export the PDF with the bleeds when you select the "Whole Document". When we select "Selection with brackground" or "Selection without background" the option "include bleed" becomes unavailable.

AD17.png

12 minutes ago, Airton said:

I noticed there is a new checkbox.

What I was saying is that you can only export the PDF with the bleeds when you select the "Whole Document". When we select "Selection with brackground" or "Selection without background" the option "include bleed" becomes unavailable.

AD17.png

Yes, that is because you can't apply a bleed to every individual object, only to artboards. Bleeds are specifically for printing purposes, so you only need them on whole pages.

5 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

Yes, that is because you can't apply a bleed to every individual object, only to artboards. Bleeds are specifically for printing purposes, so you only need them on whole pages.

What I select are the artboards.

If I have a file with 5 artboards and I want to export only 2 of them, it was possible before, but now with the new version, we can't do it anymore.

12 hours ago, Airton said:

What I select are the artboards.

If I have a file with 5 artboards and I want to export only 2 of them, it was possible before, but now with the new version, we can't do it anymore.

I'm not sure how the old version worked but from what I can tell, now you have to select the artboards one at a time (& export them one at a time?) in the "Area:" dropdown for the "Include Bleed" tick box not to be greyed out.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, David LARK said:

Precisely, Thats the issue

To do them at the same time, you would use the export persona. Lee has said in post #2 that the developers are aware of the missing option there and will be dealing with it. Just need to wait for the next update, which I'm sure will be soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, Aaron Martin said:

I remedied this using publisher, less hassle i believe, but still not as convenient or logical as before i’d say

Thanks Aaron. 

You’re right, now that Publisher is out, it sounds like a good alternative. I have plenty of projects with douzaine of artboards. I’m traveling now, but will try that as soon as i’m back to the workstation!