Please be aware - changing your registry will affect ALL applications on your computer, not just Affinity Photo. So changing this registry value should be considered only by those who know what they're doing.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, Mark Ingram said:

@przemoc, thanks once again for your insight. I agree modifying the Registry is not great, but as we use .NET, we follow the recommended advise which is to let the OS decide the relevant TLS version:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/network-programming/tls

Unfortunately my recommended suggestion here is to upgrade from Windows 7. After all, after January 2020, it will be out of support from Microsoft.

On the mentioned "Transport Layer Security (TLS) best practices with the .NET Framework" we can also read:

If you want your app to be able to negotiate a TLS 1.2 connection, explicitly setting to a lower TLS version prevents a TLS 1.2 connection.

If you can't avoid hardcoding a protocol version, we strongly recommend that you specify TLS 1.2.

So I think AP should simply set TLS 1.2 if it detects it runs on Windows 7. I believe it's a pragmatic solution.

Affinity suite [Designer 1.7.1.404 | Photo 1.7.1.404 | Publisher 1.7.1.404]
ThinkPad T430 (2344-56G) [Core i7 3520M @ 2.9GHz, 8GB RAM, NVS 5400M] | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Hi,

Just wanted to add, that Stock doesn't work on Windows 10 since final release of Publisher and Photo (it worked great in recent betas).
I have two PCs with W10 and both show "connection failed".

W10, i5 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 840A, Wacom Intuos Pro M, iPad Pro 2018.
pilcrow.eu | vivaldi.com | qwant.com

There are still issues with stock photos (not only Unsplash) on Windows 10. Image search is very slow and cause application freeze. While loading stock images and during scrolling the results the application is unusable (freezed) until images are loaded (sometimes after several seconds, sometimes after a minute or more) like single-threaded app. Affinity Photo version: 1.7.1.404, Windows 10 (1809).

I'm experiencing a problem with the stock photo tab (MacOS ) as well, indeed if I search for any kind of photo, a spinning wheel shows up but nothing happens. 

Schermata 2019-07-08 alle 17.44.43.png

I changed my ssd to the new nvme and after I have installed fresh Windows 10 Pro (1903) stock tab works fast and problem has gone.  Also, ealier I had installed Comodo CIS Firewall, but issue had existed even when firewall had been disabled (although driver maybe had been active anyway). So this could be related to some incompatibility with installed 3rd party software or broken OS.