You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stocks-Tab: Unsplash not working

On 6/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, Mark Ingram said:

@przemoc, thanks once again for your insight. I agree modifying the Registry is not great, but as we use .NET, we follow the recommended advise which is to let the OS decide the relevant TLS version:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/network-programming/tls

Unfortunately my recommended suggestion here is to upgrade from Windows 7. After all, after January 2020, it will be out of support from Microsoft.

On the mentioned "Transport Layer Security (TLS) best practices with the .NET Framework" we can also read:

If you want your app to be able to negotiate a TLS 1.2 connection, explicitly setting to a lower TLS version prevents a TLS 1.2 connection.

If you can't avoid hardcoding a protocol version, we strongly recommend that you specify TLS 1.2.

So I think AP should simply set TLS 1.2 if it detects it runs on Windows 7. I believe it's a pragmatic solution.

Affinity v2 suite [Designer 2.4.0.2301 | Photo 2.4.0.2301 | Publisher 2.4.0.2301]
NUC11PHKi7C [Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.8GHz, DDR4-3200 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2060] | 32UN880-B | Windows 11 Pro (10.0.22631)

Affinity v1 suite [Designer 1.10.6.1665 | Photo 1.10.6.1665 | Publisher 1.10.6.1665]
ThinkPad T430 (2344-56G) [Core i7 3520M @ 2.9GHz, DDR3-1600 8GB RAM, NVS 5400M] | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (6.1.7601)

Hi,

Just wanted to add, that Stock doesn't work on Windows 10 since final release of Publisher and Photo (it worked great in recent betas).
I have two PCs with W10 and both show "connection failed".

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

• 2 weeks later...

There are still issues with stock photos (not only Unsplash) on Windows 10. Image search is very slow and cause application freeze. While loading stock images and during scrolling the results the application is unusable (freezed) until images are loaded (sometimes after several seconds, sometimes after a minute or more) like single-threaded app. Affinity Photo version: 1.7.1.404, Windows 10 (1809).

• 3 weeks later...

I changed my ssd to the new nvme and after I have installed fresh Windows 10 Pro (1903) stock tab works fast and problem has gone.  Also, ealier I had installed Comodo CIS Firewall, but issue had existed even when firewall had been disabled (although driver maybe had been active anyway). So this could be related to some incompatibility with installed 3rd party software or broken OS.

• 2 months later...

I just updated to the latest 1.7.3 on Win 10 with latest updates. When I drag an image from any of the offered stock agencies, nothing happens. I see the small image dragging to the workspace, but when I drop, nothing happens. The image is not brought over. I remember the previous version worked fine. I don't get the "Connection failed" error, as I can scroll through the images. I just can't drag any in. I must actually go to the web site, and copy the image, or download from Pixabay directly.

2 minutes ago, ToOldForThis said:

I just updated to the latest 1.7.3 on Win 10 with latest updates. When I drag an image from any of the offered stock agencies, nothing happens. I see the small image dragging to the workspace, but when I drop, nothing happens. The image is not brought over. I remember the previous version worked fine. I don't get the "Connection failed" error, as I can scroll through the images. I just can't drag any in. I must actually go to the web site, and copy the image, or download from Pixabay directly.

You need to have a document open to drag the stock image onto as a layer. It won't work if you try to drag onto the workspace without an open document, and the effects will be as you describe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, LostInTranslation said:

Hi,

When I choose Unsplash from the Stocks-Tab, it only says "Connection Failed" every time. I tried a couple of times since the 1.7 update, never worked.

Pexels and Pixabay work fine though.

Any ideas?

I get the same result, fails to connect on all three, i am using win10 and the latest version of Affinity photo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the latest 1.8 Affinity suite. Unsplash works great, PIxabay works great, but Pexel just sits there like a dead donut. Nothing happens. I can get to it on the web. I signed up. Still nothing through Affinity Stock. I don't have a virus checker. I have a Mac Pro 2013 (trash can model), Mojave OS. The same thing happens on my husbands computer, also a Mac Pro but an older one. is this a bug in 1.8?

5 hours ago, Anita B said:

is this a bug in 1.8?

As far as anyone knows, it's an issue caused by Pexels. Serif is working with them. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I wanted to pick up on this thread again as I'm experiencing a failure with Unsplash stock to load the images into all three Affinity apps. I'm on a 2017 MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 and the latest 1.9x updates to the Affinity products.

Pexels and Pixaby are working normally, but Unsplash fails to load the stock. Just wondering if Unsplash have implemented a policy change or whether it's related to the apps?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, brendanlynch said:

Just wondering if Unsplash have implemented a policy change or whether it's related to the apps?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @brendanlynch. :)

There’s been a change at Unsplash.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, GraphicsByGreg said:

March 2021:  UnSplash still not working on Mac Affinity Designer 1.9. 

You may not have been paying attention. It was working, up until March 9. See two posts above yours.

-- Walt
PC:

31 minutes ago, Jos.W. said:

Unsplash doesn't work for me since update 1.9

Please see about 6 posts above yours, or the pinned post at the top of this forum.

-- Walt
PC: