You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.7.1.138)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download DMG: Download

Auto-update: Pending

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first beta of Affinity Photo 1.7.1 for macOS.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.7 version recently released to all customers. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r:

Changes This Build

- Documents restore properly after a restart.
- Made inpainting fast again.
- Gamut check works again in soft proof.
- Fixed selection refinement working only once per document.
- Fixed posterise adjustment.
- Fixed legacy selective colour adjustments rendering wrong when they have children.
- Fixed startup crash on 10.7, 10.8. (still does not run apparently)
- Fixed potential crash in HSL adjustment.
- Fixed mixer brush crash.
- Fixed TIFF loading with Edit In extension.
- Fixed crash when adding a live filter when in "Edit selection as layer" mode.
- Fixed rogue toolbars on update.
- Fixed startup crash for some Intel GPU users.
- Fixed live denoise filters when repositioned in layer stack.
- Fixed export bugs / crashes / weird questions.
- Fixed marching ants in Metal view.
- Fixed shadows & highlights filter.
- Help improvements.
- Localisation improvements.

I really love the betas and the beta forums but I really was enjoying having only one version of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo MAS versions.  If these are crucial changes can they not just be updates, even perhaps go through a few beta rounds and then update the MAS version rather than wait a whole year?  Or if bought directly from the Affinity Store then the update preferences could be to only update stable version or update all, including beta, versions.  Evernote, Sketch and several other software programs do it this way and I do like it. I just don't want to manage separate versions of the same software and avoid messages such as "can't open in this older version" only because I forgot which version I edited in.

Hi, 

Thanks so much for the beta 2.  This allows me to work with it while 1.6.7 is still installed.  

I applied a solution another poster posted last week: This has *worked* for me in solving the show issues I was having:

I turned off Metal and switched on Open GL.  

Now the beta is as snappy as 1.6.7.  I'll update further if I have any other issues. For me, I believe my older 2012 mini isn't unto Metal, probably. 

Thanks again,

CJ Carpenter 262338655_combinedafphotobeta2openglsettings.thumb.jpg.b91efc2d1382af2bb99eef99ec658d45.jpg

If I still have an older 1.7 beta version in my Applications folder, does this one overwrite it? Also, what happens to the files in the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo Beta folder?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
3 hours ago, R C-R said:

If I still have an older 1.7 beta version in my Applications folder, does this one overwrite it? Also, what happens to the files in the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo Beta folder?

The older beta should be overwritten and the library files will be used and added to by this beta

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Will we be able to rename our live AppData folder (Windows user) for 1.7.0 to "(Beta)" so we can move over all the keybinds, macros, and more?

Yes that should work. Make a backup of the 1.0 AppData folder in case it goes wrong.

(You may be prompted for a product key again for Affinity Store builds)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

There are many things I love about this new version. What one gets for $49, plus free upgrades is simply beyond imagination. I cannot even wrap my mind about the tremendous value one gets. Thanks!

There are also, one or two things I'm not please about, at no fault to Affinity. It's 3rd party plugins I'm referring to. It seems as though, Nik Collection no longer works. I love Nik Collection, and I imagine someone will come through with a work around in the near future. In the meantime, I'd like to either roll back, or download the previous version. Is either of those alternatives possible? If so, how?

Keep up the good work! To say I'm a fan is an understatement!

Thanks!

• Staff

@steverdezines

I think you have already found the answer to your rolling back question here, Your query about plugins cannot be addressed here as it has no quick solution, but your other post has been split off in hopes a work around or solution comes soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.