You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stock photos from Unsplash causes Affinity Photo to crash

• Staff
On 8/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lancashire Arrow said:

I am experiencing this issue also. The other stock photo providers work fine, but Unsplash causes an instant application crash. Attached is the crash report.

crash details.txt

Hey Lancashire Arrow—welcome to the Affinity Forums.

It looks like we're still getting a number of reports so I'll attempt to chase this up with the developers. Thank you for letting me know. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one. I'm on Catalina 10.15.1 and AF 1.7.3 and having the exact same issues as others are having in the 'Unsplash' dropdown. As I type in an actual word, i.e dog, cat, house etc, then AP immediately crashes. If I type a random string of letters, it doesn't. Search results seem to be giving it a problem it seems. 'Pixabay' and 'Pexels'  function as intended.

I've attached a crash report.

Thanks.

AP Unsplash Crash.rtf

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Carlos González,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for letting us know. We are still unsure why some users are having trouble/experiencing crashes with Unsplash while others do not. I'm still unable to reproduce the crash on my system(s) but i have bumped our report again. Sorry for not having better news yet.

• 1 month later...

this happened to me thrice today. After it pushes through, i am unable to resize move the image imported. I can still access the File and menus but never the transform tool. The fix I found was to save the document, and then reload it. I can reproduce the error by:

1. Search something in Unsplash

2. Application freezes and stretches

3. It loads the Image

4. I try to resize, move or manipulate downloaded image but it freezes

I'm on Windows 10 and i don't know how to produce a crash report.

Edited by bunnyvoid
additional information

Hi,  I have the same problem I have proved in Affinity photo, designer and publisher and the same problem...  only crashed with unsplash... pexels and pixabay works fine. 

I'm using macos and downloaded the apps from the app store.

• 8 months later...

When I attempt to click for a stock photo within Affinity Designer 1.9.1.917 with 'Unsplash, Affinity crashes. I can use the other 2 sources, Pixabay & Pixels without any problem but not Unsplash. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I am using the latest operating system of Windows.

dc616e4a-16f3-449b-9f39-ba076bd08672.dmp

Edited by Crestina

Welcome to the Forums @hstream😊.  Please refer to the first post in this section of the Forums.  Serif knows about this and is working with Unsplash to hopefully sort this out before another update.  Pixabay and Pixels work perfectly.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

30 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

Welcome to the Forums @hstream😊.  Please refer to the first post in this section of the Forums.  Serif knows about this and is working with Unsplash to hopefully sort this out before another update.  Pixabay and Pixels work perfectly.  

Sorry, came here through Google, missed the pinned post in the section. First week with Photo, it's a dream to work with!

1 hour ago, hstream said:

Sorry, came here through Google, missed the pinned post in the section. First week with Photo, it's a dream to work with!

Don't worry.  Everybody seems to be missing it.  Just happy you are here!!😊

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Hi,

I have the same unsplash crashes issue after the last update to 1.9 version. Before that it was perfect.
Unsplash works perfectly on chrome and other browsers. 
It's just unsplash. Pixabay and pexels works great.

Crashes also happen sometimes when I'm using the warp mesh tool.
But this is only sometimes. I don't know if there is any connection here.

I'm working on PC.

Edited by mat.gracz@gmail.com