You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stock photos from Unsplash causes Affinity Photo to crash

Every time I attempt to search for a stock photo from within Affinity Photo 1.7 with 'Unsplash, Affinity crashes. I can search the other 2 sites (Pixabay & Pixels) without any problem but not Unsplash. Any suggestions on how to fix this. I am using a Mac with the latest operating system.

I have AVG antivirus on my system but have tried it with this turned off but still no difference. Affinity photo immediately closes when a search is made with Unsplash.

I have uninstalled Affinity & reinstalled it from the App Store but the problem still occurs.

I can get to Unsplash through my Safari web browser without any problem.

Sorry, can't send RAW file at the moment, but just need to mention I had to untick 'metal' due to poor performance with it on (inpainting brush tool etc). With metal ticked Raw files develop quickly so it's either one or the other.

Edited by SRL

Crash report attached as requested.

Another bug is that with Metal selected in Preferences, the clipped highlight warning colour is like a checkerboard rather than the normal red colour. This doesn't happen with Metal unchecked when it is the normal red colour.

Crash-88244a.txt

On 6/11/2019 at 7:06 AM, MEB said:

Hi SRL,
I don't know why it's crashing for you but there's already another user reporting similar issues with Unsplash here (although no crash for him). Do you mind attaching the crash report please - maybe we can get some useful info from it.Thank you.

For what it is worth, Unsplash is working perfectly here.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

FYI, macOS Mojave, Unsplash working, without problems.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi SRL,
Thanks for checking in Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.1.140 and for the additional crash reports. I've passed them to the dev team for inspection again. I'm sorry for the incovenience this is causing you.

We are also aware of the issue with clipped highlights being rendered as transparent. This is being looked into as well. Thanks for your support.

• Staff

@SRL

I have turned your crash reports into attachments as the posting of them into the forum thread makes for a very long scroll bar (and crashed my Andriod Chrome browser!) . Going forward , can you please attach any crashes as attachments thank you your help is appreciated.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

On Windows we are getting reports relating to Windows 7 and TLS version but as explained in that thread we do not recommend changing the dafault in the registry, as we cannot be sure of the consequences for other software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Further to my previous crash reports, I have now found that if I type in random letters into the Unsplash search bar Affinity Photo doesn't crash, but as soon as I use a proper word (ie dogs) then it crashes immediatly. I believe another forum member also has had the same problem. I hope this helps in finding the solution.

• Staff
On 6/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, SRL said:

Further to my previous crash reports, I have now found that if I type in random letters into the Unsplash search bar Affinity Photo doesn't crash, but as soon as I use a proper word (ie dogs) then it crashes immediatly. I believe another forum member also has had the same problem. I hope this helps in finding the solution.

It sounds like the crash only happens when the panel is trying to display results. Typing in random characters wouldn't display any results so this might be a clue for dev :35_thinking:

• 2 weeks later...