WatcherMagic

Layer cannot be adjusted with artboard

Here's a weird one, I have a standalone layer that I've adjusted so the entire thing is a black/white outline. I've been trying to remove the white background to make it transparent, but the 'select sampled color' button keeps on affecting the nearby artboard instead. What do I do about this?

Af_Select.gif

33 minutes ago, WatcherMagic said:

, I have a standalone layer that I've adjusted so the entire thing is a black/white outline.

That looping gif doesn't help at all, I have no idea where you start and where you end up but I think you will have to rasterize the image first. It appears that you have chosen a layer with adjustments or filters and that is probably the reason for your troubles. Use Merge Visible and then try on the result.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x

15 hours ago, WatcherMagic said:

Here's a weird one, I have a standalone layer that I've adjusted so the entire thing is a black/white outline. I've been trying to remove the white background to make it transparent, but the 'select sampled color' button keeps on affecting the nearby artboard instead. What do I do about this?

Af_Select.gif

Hi Watcher Magic, 

Is the isolated layer on an artboard or on the canvas? As I think that might be the issue.

Thanks

C

Thank you both for your responses! Sorry about the gif, I'll know for next time. ^^'

I have the same result when the layers are under an artboard. The image is raster with adjustments (which I assume are vector,) nonetheless rasterizing the whole thing makes no difference.

However, after thinking I realize I've asked the wrong question: How do you remove or change a color (in this case, white) from a vector/vector adjusted layer?