You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer cannot be adjusted with artboard

Here's a weird one, I have a standalone layer that I've adjusted so the entire thing is a black/white outline. I've been trying to remove the white background to make it transparent, but the 'select sampled color' button keeps on affecting the nearby artboard instead. What do I do about this?

Af_Select.gif

33 minutes ago, WatcherMagic said:

, I have a standalone layer that I've adjusted so the entire thing is a black/white outline.

That looping gif doesn't help at all, I have no idea where you start and where you end up but I think you will have to rasterize the image first. It appears that you have chosen a layer with adjustments or filters and that is probably the reason for your troubles. Use Merge Visible and then try on the result.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
15 hours ago, WatcherMagic said:

Here's a weird one, I have a standalone layer that I've adjusted so the entire thing is a black/white outline. I've been trying to remove the white background to make it transparent, but the 'select sampled color' button keeps on affecting the nearby artboard instead. What do I do about this?

Af_Select.gif

Hi Watcher Magic, 

Is the isolated layer on an artboard or on the canvas? As I think that might be the issue.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thank you both for your responses! Sorry about the gif, I'll know for next time. ^^'

I have the same result when the layers are under an artboard. The image is raster with adjustments (which I assume are vector,) nonetheless rasterizing the whole thing makes no difference.

However, after thinking I realize I've asked the wrong question: How do you remove or change a color (in this case, white) from a vector/vector adjusted layer?