You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have the latest version of Affinity photo , but today when working on a photo the box comes up "updating fonts ", i am on an imac with all latest updates and also using the Nik collection , the box "updating fonts " only appears when i try to use the Nik collection , and i have to force quit Affinity until it disapears ,any help appreciated  Thanks 

• Staff

Hi Niphotos,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The old Google Nik Collection and the previous Nik Collection 1 by DxO don't work with Affinity Photo 1.7 (loading fonts dialog issue/freezing - this is a known issue). DxO has launched Nik Collection 2 a few days ago however however there's also a few users reporting the same loading fonts issue with this version while for others it seems to work without problems. I advise you to wait a little until we find out what's going on or download the Nik Collection 2 demo if you want to check it out for yourself if it works on your system.

Thanks for the info and the help, if the case is that i cannot now use the Nik Collection in the new updated Affinity photo , how can i now go back to the Affinity photo version before the update as then the Nik collection should work ok then before i updated the Affintiy photo to the new version , any help and links to do this would be appreciated 

Thanks

If you can wait a few days then you might be pleased to see that there will be an update to 1.7 that has fixed the updating fonts issue and the original filters can be used again. It is in the latest beta at the moment. You might like to try it yourself, it can be found in the Beta for Macs section of the forum.