You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.7.0 crashes on PDF export

Hi there,
PDF export (default) crashes again and again. I don't have the time to change any option, it crashes immediately. Even after a reboot. Export on JPG or PSD are ok.

A3 page created with 1.7.0 (afdesign file is 55,3Mo). I've tried with a smaller file created with the previous 1.6.4 and the PDF export went ok (all options by default). I went back to the "A3 file" and it crashes during the export, when I confirmed the destination...

Thanks!

Edited by GdeRemusat
tags

• Staff

@GdeRemusat

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Sorry for the problems you are experiencing with export.

I think that this may relate to the saving of pdf export settings in 1.6 but we haven't replicated it yet as far as I know. Have you created a custom setting in 1.6 and if so can you perhaps describe it so we can try to replicate this 1.7.0 export issue

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Patrick and thanks for your quick answer.
No, no custom settings in 1.6.Everything was on default.
I've just tried few seconds ago and it went well. (?) The only difference was "google drive" not working. One logo used on the A3 file was on the drive folder... ;)

• Staff

Hi GdeRemusat,

Are you use using Sierra or High Sierra? Did the Save dialog go flat grey after attempting to save? Would you be able to grab a screen recording please, and if possible attach the file you're trying to export.

Thanks,