You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher crashes on macOS Mojave (Page numbering)

• Staff

Hi Scottyb,

I can't reproduce this here yet.

Any chance you can attach the file you are duplicating from, just to make sure we have it all set up the same?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

The problem is occurring because you have the Auto Numbers on pages instead of Master Pages. On a page it becomes the number and cannot update.

I made a master and applied it, you may want to name Sections and use the Section Field too for the Page headers.

Project Bug w Master.afpub

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

Please see attached the project file that the crash occurs in.

And for what is worth, I didn't get a crash. Possibly because I don't have the images (missing resources) so I deleted those and they may be the cause of the crash.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce!

Thanks for getting back to me. You're right - I was misusing the feature. Since putting it on master pages it's no longer crashing. 

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

Scott.

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

Since putting it on master pages it's not longer crashing. 

If one misuses the feature the feature shouldn't work as advertised but it shouldn't crash the entire application.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

11 minutes ago, Seneca said:

If one misuses the feature the feature shouldn't work as advertised but it shouldn't crash the entire application.

My thoughts exactly, that is why I suspect it is the images which were causing the crash.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

I completely agree that even if a feature is mis-used crashing is never the answer!

I still can't reproduce this with that document though, any chance like mentioned that you can embed the images and re attach it? 

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.