You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Gwenlenan,

Welcome to the forums :)

As the Affinity range are only 64bit and Windows has poor 64bit scanner driver support we have decided not to include this feature in Affinity on Windows.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

@Callum --- I understand what you said in the post, but among the things Corel got right was their 64 bit program being able to scan images from my twain device (Brother AIO).

I have been hoping to ditch Corel's Paintshop Pro (their advertising software seems to reinstall constantly) but until I can scan documents with Affinity Photo (I do lots of court work which requires copies of documents be included in emails) I've got that relic stuck on my desktop as well as taking up way too much space on my HDD.

I'm sure others would like to scan in old film images for use with the Affinity Photo.

I sure hope you guys change your minds.

corel_x64_twain1.jpg

My reason for making this request in the first place is that I am anxious to get rid of Photoshop. The only thing I use it for now, is importing from a scanner.

Since having Affinity Photo, It's very rare that I even think about using Photoshop.

So, if the guys at Affinity, can see their way clear to adding this facility sometime in the future, it would be great.

Until I started looking at this, I didn't realise so many users were of a similar mind.

I use VueScan for scanning both flatbed and slides. I have set the VueScan output file type as tiff. I also have set Windows to automatically open tiff files in Photo. Now, when I scan an image and save it (as tiff) it will automatically open in Photo. This works whether Photo is open or not. I find that this is almost as efficient as if I could scan directly from Photo.

I'm sure that this  would work with any scanner software, such as xnviewmp.

I have found that with my Corel Paint setup, if I ask it to scan, then it calls on VueScan to do so! I have suggested that Affinity should be able to do the same, that is: Input from Scanner would just open my designated scanner software.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630