You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Japanese input problem

mogu

I cannot write wz English so use Japanese

英語記入能力がないので、日本語で記入します。テキスト入力で ひらがな入力後に変換(スペース)をおして 変換候補がでます。 目的までスペースで下部移動できますが、いきすぎた場合、カーソル上矢印キーで上に上がりません、文字横の数字も選べません。文節を長くしたりの調節もできません(本来は左右矢印)ひらがなで入力して変換、つづけて ⌘+スペース で英語入力に切り替えて、英語入力しようとすると、ダブって入力されます

しかしながら、レイヤーパネルでレイヤー名を日本語で入力しようとすると、何の問題もなく いまのとこ完璧です!

パレットの名前の入力なども完璧です

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Mogu,

Could you use QuickTime to do a screen recording to demonstrate all the issues you are seeing please? If you could do a separate and simple video for each problem you are encountering. that will help us understand your issues better. Also please ensure the full screen is recorded rather than a portion of it.

Lastly what is your Input Source - do you use the standard Apple Input (which mode) or do you use the Google one. Could you attach screenshots showing your settings please. 

Thanks.

--------

Google Translated:

こんにちはモグ、

あなたが見ているすべての問題を実証するためにスクリーンレコーディングをするためにQuickTimeを使うことができますか? あなたが遭遇している問題ごとに別々の簡単なビデオをすることができれば。 それは私達があなたの問題をもっとよく理解するのを助けるでしょう。 また、全画面がその一部ではなく記録されていることを確認してください。

最後にあなたの入力ソースは何ですか - あなたは標準のApple Input(どのモード)を使いますか、それともGoogleのものを使いますか。 あなたの設定を示すスクリーンショットを添付してください。

ありがとう。

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

Could you use QuickTime to do a screen recording to demonstrate all the issues you are seeing please? If you could do a separate and simple video for each problem you are encountering. that will help us understand your issues better. Also please ensure the full screen is recorded rather than a portion of it.

Somebody has a blog post about this matter, please see the video.
https://reneeds.net/2019/06/06/affinity-photo17/

You see words/sentence will be duplicated every time he use arrow keys. 
This is serious problem, many Japanese users are complaining about this and you have been ignoring this for long time.
It's just that they don't post here because they don't speak English so they can complain only on their blog , social media and app store reviews.
I complain this on behalf of them.

Wake up,  Serif!
Look at Publisher reviews on Mac App Store in Japan.
People are furious about buggy, incomplete typography feature.
Yet you're selling it as a "pro" app, seriously?
Pro publishing app that can't handle text enough... It's a joke.

publiisher review.png

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

Lastly what is your Input Source - do you use the standard Apple Input (which mode) or do you use the Google one. Could you attach screenshots showing your settings please. 

Off course it's Kotoeri - official Japanese input with default setting.

You guys need to hire a Japanese tech support if you can't support.

Besides duplicate words/sentence probelm, manipulation of predicted words is crippled like Mogu mentioned.
See attached screenshot from Apple Pages.
Type space while typing, predicted words show up but I can't select a word using up/down arrow key or a numeric key.
At this stat, I should be able to select a word using left/right arrow key.
You see underlines on the sentence.
Bold line represent word selected(漢字は), narrow line represent not selected.(日本語の)
(Also with Shift+left/right, I can adjust the length of words split manually)
I don't see these underlines on Affinity, but It seems I can select a word using left/right but it's invisible so hard to control.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 2.06.05 PM.png

And as I mentioned on another topic, I can't select a word on the auto suggestion popup using up/down arrow.
This auto suggestion is different feature from user triggered suggestion with space key I mentioned above.

p3.png

• Staff
9 hours ago, ashf said:

At this stat, I should be able to select a word using left/right arrow key.
You see underlines on the sentence.
Bold line represent word selected(漢字は), narrow line represent not selected.(日本語の)
(Also with Shift+left/right, I can adjust the length of words split manually)
I don't see these underlines on Affinity, but I seems I can select a word using left/right but it's invisible so hard to control.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 2.06.05 PM.png

This is something I noticed when looking at the behaviour in Finder, MS Word and also InDesign and is something I've also passed on to development as I can imagine it be a pain when trying to select words.

Also thank you very much for the link - I'll have a read through that and try to get a better understanding! 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, ashf said:

@Sean PPart of problem still remains in 1.7.2 RC2.
When I click somewhere while typing, both of auto/manual suggestion popup remains(supposed to disappear)
Then if I type again, duplicate sentence shows up like the arrow key bug.

This post points to the same bug as the second video in the post below.

• 2 weeks later...