You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slug option on PDF export?

I'm just trying to produce a book cover the way I always have in QuarkXpress or InDesign, and I'm having trouble adding fold marks and getting them to export on the PDF as there's no option to include the slug area, which I often use to include printer instructions and plate names if adding spot colours on extra pages! Is there any chance this feature can be added, my normal preference is 20mm top, left and bottom and 100mm on the right!Example PDF attached exported from InDesign. 

PBB 198x129mm 15mm spine.pdf

Yes please - I've also requested printable slug from the first beta, I'm guessing theres not a lot of designers asking for it at the moment, hopefully, has publisher becomes more popular after release more people may ask for it and maybe they'll consider adding it - I used to prefer laying out book jackets in InDesign as 3 separate pages that butt up together to output as spreads with bleed and slug for custom guides, folds and spot swatches - hopefully within the 1.7 - 2 app cycle?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

The "deal" is that the Affinity suite is still in its first release.  It is true that Publisher lacks many basic prepress functions, and has poor or limited support for others (like color management).  We can hope that the early advertising copy touting "professional" capabilities indicates where the suite is headed.  But don't hold your breath.  It may be several major releases before some of this stuff appears.

• 1 year later...

+1 I also need this functionality...

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video