You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resulting page doesn't appear to be correct size?

Hi,

I set up a Master page, to A5 size. It appears to be fine. however, when I Place a document into it, the document appears to have different dimensions. Either the Master is too large, or the document is too small. Can't find what is the reason?

Does anyone know thanks?

Robert

Screenshot 2019-06-10 12.59.10.png

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

When you Place a file you have two choices.

1. You can either just click on the page, which places the file at it's full size. You may then need to scale the layer.

2. Or you can click and drag to scale the file to the size you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

What is your document size? Master and layout pages can have different sizes. The layout pages don’t adapt the master page size automatically.

Hi,

when I set it up, I made it A5. I see what you are saying, but am unable to locate the Layout as opposed to the Master size setting yet ...

thanks

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration

This is still a bit unlucky UI – but easily to solve.

– Do your master and document pages have same size? Be aware that master pages and document pages in AfPub may get set to different sizes.
(I don't know the reason yet, possibly a left over from AfDesigner with different artboard sizes).
With right-click on a master or a document pages select "Spread properties" to make their options window appear. It is different for master and doc-page.

– Was your placed image saved in same resolution as your document resolution?
If yes, a simple click on "Original Size" might do the trick. Be aware that the resulting 100 % size depends on your document resolution.

32515585_imageoriginalsizedpi.jpg.b20d7f7d4a04ff448e04f675af56cfc8.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi, well I think I may have worked it out. 

What I'm looking at is the Master Page, with the margins set to what the printer thinks is the A5 page margins. Otherwise I can set the margins to 0 all around.

So, when I created the master page and Placed the text and then let it flow, I must have set the Master Page that way. Now why it's reading the Printer margins I don't know because I have three different printers here, and for some reason, it's arbitrarily chosen just one of them. Or not... because I don't know yet why it's choosing a printer at all. I see I can, of course, set the margins to Custom sizes.

However, when I set View -> Show Margins ... Nothing changes. Nothing displays. I don't see the margins being displayed or not if I uncheck that option.

Show Guides doesn't appear to do anything either?

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration

13 minutes ago, HarryMcGovern said:

Now why it's reading the Printer margins I don't know

In case you talk about the Printer margins set by the button in this screenshot ...

171819939_margins-retrievefromprinter.jpg.a86d4a549be525829d7be6edea445a6f.jpg

... then avoid to use it, it is still buggy. (and already reported a few times in the forum)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

43 minutes ago, thomaso said:

In case you talk about the Printer margins set by the button in this screenshot ...

171819939_margins-retrievefromprinter.jpg.a86d4a549be525829d7be6edea445a6f.jpg

... then avoid to use it, it is still buggy. (and already reported a few times in the forum)

Thanks, that’s good to know.

i figured there were still a few bugs and things missing here and there.

i still love the program though. Very nice.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration