You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.7.0 - Stroke bug on shape snapped on isometric grid

Hi guys,

Want to report a little issue I got.

If I am freely create a shape with the Pen tool, when it's closed I can manipulate the stroke Align to center, inside or outside.

When I am activating an isometric grid with full snap ON (Force pixel align, whole pixel and snapping ... all checked), and create my diamond shape based on grid intersects, when the shape its closed, I cannot change the stroke alignment, it always remains in Center mode, whatever I try.

exemple.afdesign

Note: It works as intended when creating the same way but with Automatic grid.

Edited by Artmendel

Hi Artmendel and welcome to the forum.

Your diamond isn't actually a closed shape.

• Drag the start node and you will find it moves away leaving a gap.
  • Drag it back over the end node (with the node tool) and the shape should close.

Only closed shapes support stroke inside or outside, strokes on open shapes are always centered.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

I am not sure that there is a bug here.

How did you close your shape?

I have tried every method I know, and so long as I am reasonable careful the shape always closes correctly.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

It is very specific to the Creation with the isometric grid ON and snapping turned ON.

When creating a shape this way, when i am clicking on the last point, the shape not closing, just fake joining points.

I have tried all other way and they works as intended but this one fail anytime for me.

If I am creating in this conditions BUT not snap my points on the grid during the creation process, I can close it normally.

Edited by Artmendel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Artmendel,

I've just tried this myself and I'm unable to reproduce it. I presume you also have 'Snap To Grid' enabled in your snapping options? See attached video - when the shape is closed you see the stroke change to Inner Aligned.

EDIT: Could you try without Force Pixel Alignment and Whole Pixel Snapping enabled and see if that makes it work?