You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Locate missing resources popup

I understand Publisher will allow for resource linking or embedding, but this morning I got a popup in Designer asking me to locate missing resources. This was a file created just last week in AD 1.6, but on opening today to export it said "locate missing resources" and made me find all the images in the document and replace them.

I can't replicate this, as the file opens fine now having re-added the images, but this bug (if it happened again) would make AD completely unreliable for use in a work environment.

I noticed a button for Embedding vs Linking in the Replace Document in the Mac dialog, perhaps this is the source of the problem. I think it is not supposed to be there.

1255471237_ScreenShot2019-06-12at11_43_05AM.png.cf058d27faf8c5409a5f527fe806368e.png98344760_ScreenShot2019-06-12at11_43_14AM.png.2c58eb4b484276099d70a240a85dbd2a.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Brian D,

Are you able to attach the second document you had it occur with prior to saving in 1.6? Could you also do a screen recording reproducing the issue on a new document when using Edit in Photo? I've tried myself and that is behaving correctly for me.

• Staff
On 6/12/2019 at 7:45 PM, Old Bruce said:

I noticed a button for Embedding vs Linking in the Replace Document in the Mac dialog, perhaps this is the source of the problem. I think it is not supposed to be there.

1255471237_ScreenShot2019-06-12at11_43_05AM.png.cf058d27faf8c5409a5f527fe806368e.png98344760_ScreenShot2019-06-12at11_43_14AM.png.2c58eb4b484276099d70a240a85dbd2a.png

I don't believe that should be there either! I'll get this reported. Brian had you used the Link Picture option at all do you know?

Hi Sean, no I hadn't used the Link Picture dialog, though I have seen it. I'll try to capture the screen next time it happens, I had a similar issue this morning where Photo asked for "Global permissions to use linked files in folder path...." but again, I haven't been linking any files, just dragging and dropping.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:08 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Brian D,

Are you able to attach the second document you had it occur with prior to saving in 1.6? Could you also do a screen recording reproducing the issue on a new document when using Edit in Photo? I've tried myself and that is behaving correctly for me.

Hey Sean, I have a screen recording and a document for you, where can I upload them that isn't a public forum? (not that there's anything super special here, I just can't upload a clients document to a public forum).

• Staff
On 6/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Brian D said:

Hey Sean, I have a screen recording and a document for you, where can I upload them that isn't a public forum? (not that there's anything super special here, I just can't upload a clients document to a public forum).

Thank you! I've created you a link to our internal Dropbox account:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/Oyj8ohiNuQbeJ9huGCDg