You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7 questions

I have a few questions about the new 1.7 AP release:

1) If I update from my version 1.6 (not sure of the rest of the version number, I’m not on my laptop), can I still keep the last 1.7 beta on the same laptop (Windows 10), just in case I hit a snag with the updated version?

2) Will the improvements which have been implemented in the Mac version of 1.7 be available to me as a free upgrade when completed for the Windows version?

3) When (if?) the DXO Nik plugin issues eventually get sorted, will this be in a free update or is it likely to be in a future paid upgrade?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Carrot Man,

Welcome to the forums :)

1. Unfortunately you can't keep the old beta as it will have expired as its been patched into the live version.

2. I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean by this question 1.7 launched for Mac and Windows at the same time.

3. This is in DXO's hands to fix so I don't really have any information to give you I'm afraid.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

20 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Carrot Man,

Welcome to the forums :)

1. Unfortunately you can't keep the old beta as it will have expired as its been patched into the live version.

2. I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean by this question 1.7 launched for Mac and Windows at the same time.

3. This is in DXO's hands to fix so I don't really have any information to give you I'm afraid.

Thanks

Callum

Thank you Callum. I’ve now downloaded the update and it seems to be working fine.

Re what I wrote about the Mac and Windows differences, I got this from a recent (5 June) review on ephotozine, which seems to be suggesting that some speed improvements made to the Mac version have not yet been implemented in the Windows version.

I appreciate that the Nik problems require work from DxO. It would be great if they could sort it, but maybe they aren’t too keen to do so.