You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

my product key is not valid

i have downloaded a free trial version of Affinity Photo as registered user. I can see my product key when I am logged to my account but this key does not work. I have tried to: 1) paste it, 2) type it in... no success. Your system says it is invalid key. 

When pasting in your product key, your system adds hyphens to it between letter. I typed in the key without hyphens but it did not work. I have checked my email address and it is correctly typed in.

Any suggestion? 

@PSt1

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

You say you are a registered user.  Of what and registered where?  If your registration is for Affinity Photo, there is no need or point in downloading the Free Trial of said program!

OTOH, if you are a registered user of Affinity Designer then that has no effect at all on any download/purchase of Photo since the two apps, though clearly sharing much of their codebase, are actually two completely independent programs.  You cannot use your Designer key to register Photo.  To add Photo to Designer, or vice versa, on your computer requires the separate purchase of each app.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

@PSt1

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

You have only got trial versions from us on the email address you created this forum account with. You only get product keys when you buy the software. Without the product keys the software works for 10 days as a trial, so ignore the product key bit and enjoy the trial.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Super confused. I signed up for a 90 day free train on the 21st March 2021. I received an immediate email with products keys, I downloaded the software and was using it for a few days. Fast forward 3 weeks, and now when i open the software im being asked to enter a product key, so i enter the one which was sent to me in the email when i started the free trial. PRODUCT KEY INVALID.

So now cant open the software.  Is this a 10 trial or a 90 day trial?

Your answer above sounds like its a 10 day trial with no need to use product keys, so why does the email contain a product key for a 90 free trail?

Super duper Thanks,
Maxine

@maxinesupersharpshooter

Welcome to the Affinity user forums.

I understand there is a button on the screen where you enter your trial version product key that says something like "Continue with trial".  Simply click on it.  You do not need to re-enter your product key.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.