You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will deleting and reinstalling delete all my files?

Hi everyone, 

I have been noticing after this most recent update that my brush tool is lagging a little. When I begin a stroke, it takes a few seconds (literally) for the line to appear. In order to try and solve this, I would like to try deleting and reinstalling Affinity Designer. But will this delete everything? I know in some apps you lose whatever information you created, whereas in others you appear to keep your data. 

Alternatively, if you knew a way to solve this problem without deleting and reinstalling, please let me know. 

Thanks for your help,  
Phoebe 

@phoebee if you have been saving to local iPad them go to the home screen (where your document and project thumbnails reside), and use the hamburger menu Save option for each thumbnail. This will create an .afphoto file for each thumbnail document. Now using Files or Documents (by Readdle), navigate to the Affinity Photo folder and Move all the files it contains to another  folder outside of the Affinity Photo folder. This is Important because when you delete the app, it’s folder and all it’s folder content will also be deleted. If you have set your app to store to iCloud I 'think' the files will not be deleted but as I don't use cloud for that purpose I would make copies anyway, just to be safe. 

I had an issue with the histogram. Deleting and reinstalling fixed the issue, which makes me think sometimes a fresh install is not such a bad idea. It may not cure your issues but you would at the least know the issues were not due to a bad update.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/