You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity photo with on1raw 2019.5 plug in capability?

i was curious about this for a while and i hope i am not breaking the rules when making this suggestion.... i love affinity photo for my photoshop needs and i love the editing capabilities.... but it lack 1 area i need which is syncing the effects on multiple images like lightroom... (that or i have not figured its out how to apply it yet).,... however i love my on1raw for my lightroom needs (because what affinity lacks i get here)..... and both programs work flawlessly for my needs but as standalone programs that work with adobe lightroom .... i just wish there was a way that i could edit in both programs to work flawlessly like adobe does..... i want to get away from adobe due to there malpractices.... and i hope these 2 companies can integrate this same system hopefully like adobe has but with on1 raw..... i am curious to know if anyone else would be on the same boat as me?? 

Hello, I'm a big fan of ON1 Photo RAW. Iactually own the 2019.5 version. It's a great piece of software.

Here is something to help you. First, in Affinity, go the Edit/Preferences/General and enable the option "Enable "Save" over imported PSD files"

After editing your RAW file in ON1 Photo RAW, go to the ON1 browser, right click on the edited picture, then click on "Send to Other Application". Use the Windows browser until you select Affinity.exe in the dedicated folder. Then, ON1 generate a PSD file and open it in Affinity. Also, the PSD files appears in the ON1 browser.

Make your changes in Affinity. Save them and go back to ON1. You will see your changes reflected on the PSD file in the ON1 Browser.... PSD file than you can again edit in ON1... DONE !!!!

In my case, there is something that I'd like to know : I can't use the ON1 Effect 2019 as plugin in Affinity Photo.

Do you have any idea ? I mean, they are photoshop plugins, but Affinity does not see them in their folder...

Affinity retouching.JPG

ON1 Browser.JPG

Affinity Parameters.JPG

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

as far at the question of how to use the effects in affinity photo.... that i am not sure about since this is system is fairly new to me.... i usually do all my adjustments on on1 (similar to what i do with lightroom) and when i want to get more creative then i go to affinity (which would be the photoshop) and let my mind run wild on here... though i still have much to learn on the affinity photo end.... whatever final adjustments/touches i need.... i do once again in on1 filters effects etc......... both programs are awesome for what they provide and what they are capable of .... but its a balance that i needed nonetheless..... i  wish affinity had their version of lightroom..... then the whole thing would be complete..... hopefully one day they can provide it...... because from the looks of it.... they are doing an awesome job becoming the new adobe...... 

Hello,

Happy to see that you enjoy this little trick. I learned it from a Capture One User. And I didn't know it was working too with ON1 Photo RAW until I tried to answer your question...

But, now I see that since I can go back and forth with this little trick, then using Effect 2019 as a plug in in Affinity is a non sense, since I can use Photo RAW 2019...

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

1 hour ago, Manny_va said:

thats awesome to know.... thank you for the advice and for explaining that to me..... i will try this out.... 

Tell me If you encounter any problem.

affinity is a stand alone program.... i have however made it work with adobe lightroom before..... it works good.... but i always had to import it back to lightroom which is the part i hated..... after going this new way it does work really good and saves so much time and effort... i just wish i learned this earlier..... as far as the plugins.... from my experience ..... never worked in affinity from any other software .... not sure why that is the case or if i am overlooking something that might be missed..... which is way i always go back to the original software that i started with..... adobe sadly is going into a different direction.... and after getting a notice stating the new terms and conditions... i kind of had sour taste in my mouth because adobe is not the company it used to be....and  i been kind of have been scrambling to find a balance of products that would work like how adobe photoshop and lightroom used to.... but i believe on1 photo raw 2019.5 and affinity photo just made that reality come true.....  i truly believe this is the best combination of both worlds 

With Affinity Photo, I work with the old Nik Software bundle (before DxO bought it to google). It works fine to me... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would love to be able to use ON1 as a plugin for Affinity, as moving from ON1 to Affinity via a PSD flattens the file. In fact, I don't really see the benefit above just saving a TIFF or whatever between the two, unless ON1 will reopen the PSD from AP with the AP layers intact, at least? I mean, you have to navigate through the file system to the AP app to send the file directly from ON1, I don't see any way to set AP up in ON1 so it is direct like from Lr to Ps. And of course in Ps you can have whatever they call it where you essentially open ACR in Ps.

I just wish you could use ON1 inside AP itself, but another thread I found says that ON1 uses a format that is incompatible with AP. :(