You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Wolfgang Kynast :)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, unfortunately this isn't an issue I can replicate as my curves adjustment is working as expected. I'd recommend resetting your app back to default settings to see if this helps.
 You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.
Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.
https://vimeo.com/189596577 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi Wolfgang Kynast :)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, unfortunately this isn't an issue I can replicate as my curves adjustment is working as expected. I'd recommend resetting your app back to default settings to see if this helps.

I did the reset - no change, CTRL-M still freezes AFP

I then did an uninstall and renamed the affinity folder in appdata. Then I did a new (hopefully clean)  install.

Same behaviour.

Any other idea how I can help to solve this? Perhaps deleting something in the registry?

Update:  In the meantime I uninstalled 1.7.0.367, did a fresh download and installed 1.7.0.380

No change, still freezes. Using another key (CTRL-U)  instead of CTRL-M doesn't help either.

Edited by Wolfgang Kynast

• Staff

Thank you for trying that, I;m sorry to hear it hasn't helped.

Could you please provide a copy of your most recent crash reports from the app? These can be found by opening Windows Run (Windows Key + R ), then paste the following string and press OK:

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\

In the Explorer window that opens you should see a folder called 'CrashReports', in this folder is another titled 'Reports', please attach the latest 2 files here!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Hey Wolfgang Kynast,

Could you also clarify if this crash occurs on a blank document with a pixel layer or if it only happens on an existing document. If it only happens on a document, could you attach it for us?

Could you also clarify if this issue is new to 1.7 or if you were experiencing it in 1.6. Thanks :) 

First, there are no files in the Reports folder. I have currently running AFP and pressed ctrl-m. The program does not do anything and the Task Manager show Status=inactive with a continous cpu usage of ~16% - I think this means that the program is in a loop. To stop it I have to click on the close window cross top right. Then I'm asked wether to close the program and if I click Close a report is sent to microsoft.

What else can I do?

@Chris: it seems to happen on any picture. I enclose one of them.

The problem is new to 1.7.0 - I reinstalled 1.6.5. and no problem there with curves.

20190610_1168Da.jpg

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Wolfgang Kynast said:

The problem is new to 1.7.0 - I reinstalled 1.6.5. and no problem there with curves.

Thank you. I'm trying to get access to a German keyboard as I cannot reproduce this with my English keyboard with the language and input set to German. I'm not sure if that will help me reproduce it but it is at least worth ruling it out. Thanks for your patience so far.

47 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Thank you. I'm trying to get access to a German keyboard as I cannot reproduce this with my English keyboard with the language and input set to German. I'm not sure if that will help me reproduce it but it is at least worth ruling it out. Thanks for your patience so far.

I wonder if this is related to the keyboard. I can produce this freeze(loop) with the mouse alone using the menues.

• Staff

I've just received the German keyboard that I ordered and you are indeed correct—it doesn't appear to be related to the keyboard itself. I've spent some time changing the keyboard shortcuts around but it still will not crash.

Can you try installing the beta to see if you can reproduce this:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/88864-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-171390/

If you still crash in the beta, can you attach a crash log for me please. You can do this by going to %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports. If you install the beta, can you also grab one from the beta folder %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

I downloaded and installed the beta version - no change. When I load an image and press STRG-M the program goes into an endless loop consuming ~17% CPU, see the screenshots. This loop continues 'til I terminate AFP either by task manager or the close window cross (upper right).

It seems that for AFP this hang is NOT a crash, and therefor there are no files in C:\Users\Wolfgang Kynast\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\reports\

2019-06-14 16_37_36-Greenshot-1_before .jpg

2019-06-14 16_38_48-Greenshot-2_hanging .jpg

2019-06-14 16_39_44-Greenshot-3_closewindow(redcross).jpg

• Staff

When the app hangs, from Task Manager, could you expand Affinity Photo Beta and then right-click the icon > Create dump file and upload it here (private Dropbox link). We have another report of this and really need to find the solution. 

Can you confirm if you are using multiple monitors and if so, how are they positioned?