Old Bruce

Guides Manager in Designer (1.7.0) unable to change margins

I noticed that in Designer we cannot change the Margins from the Guides Manager but we can do that with Photo.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

On Windows, I can see and edit the value of Margins in the Guides Manager in both Designer and Photo.

976339731_AffinityGuidesManagerMargins.png.fd61e28a6ad89d2f6eb15a4a4c54d69a.png

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

2 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

On Windows, I can see and edit the value of Margins in the Guides Manager in both Designer and Photo.

986825842_AffinityMarginsGuidesManager.png.7fb9109b03ba4e3f4d2b62f0a1d5ddbf.png

@Aammppaa  Your screenshots doesn't display :(

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

Hopefully fixed the screenshot - though it doesn't add much to what I said - I see working margins!

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

7 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I noticed that in Designer we cannot change the Margins from the Guides Manager but we can do that with Photo.

Works for me

This is in Designer. Doesn't matter if Metal is on or off, doesn't matter if I have margins assigned with a new document or not and the arrow keys work to increase all the other values as well as using the number keys. As I said in Photo it works.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

There is a known issue that these do not work if your document contains an Artboard.”