You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

designer 1.7.0 crashes on launch

• Staff

Hi Paekke

Would you be able to go to \Users\username\Library\Containers\ and rename the folder 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner' to 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.old' and see if that allows the application to run up. 

If so could you still be able to attach a zipped up copy of that folder please? Note that this will essentially reset all your brushes, assets etc, but they are backed up in the .old folder. Once we ensure this allows the application to start up we can look into what is causing it and help your restore everything.

Thanks!

• Staff
1 hour ago, Paekke said:

The file size is 2,01Gb. There is 3 files with brushes, that takes up the space (1994Mb) Can I leave them out?

Unfortunately it is quite likely those files are where the problem will lie. If you don't mind could you upload them to our internal Dropbox please using the link below? This should allow for larger file sizes, hopefully your internet speeds will make that convenient for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/q7RJi8Jbi5thF5gDxzDu

• Staff

Thank you very much for your AppData. I can confirm it is being caused by two vector brushes in the Paekke catagory that had no image applied to them. Very much the same as the user here: 

I was able to load your AppData back up in a copy of 1.6, remove those two brushes and then start up in 1.7.

This means that you can go back to the \Users\username\Library\Containers\ folder and delete the current 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner' folder and rename the other one removing the .old part so that it is now called 'com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner'. Once you've done that you can then go into \Data\Library\Application Support\User\ folder and replace the vector_brushes.propcol with the fixed one I've PM'd you.

Once you've done this you should be able to run 1.7 up with all your previous settings and content restored! Let me know if this works!

• Staff

No worries, which particular shortcuts have you found to be missing that you remember? Do you have the affshortcuts file you could attach, and was that file exported from 1.6? We've seen this from other users, but haven't been able to reproduce it yet so I would like to look into that.

fde101, the issue has been passed on to development, so I presume it will be fixed, however I'm unable to speak for them.