You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there! First thanks for reading my query, I really appreciate that.

To my issue: I'm having problems exporting .svg files as (for example) .png files. They show me some weird lines around each vector - which shouldn't be the case really. 
Worst thing is that you can see that in the final result, rendering the product/effort almost useless. 

I will provide an example in the attachments, but what I do is just opening (or placing) the .svg file - resizing it - exporting it (with the PNG-24 preset). 
I'm using "Vector magic" to create these .svgs and they seem fine in the preview, as well as the .png exported from vector magic. Problem is as soon as I open the .svg in affinity designer (in order to edit them) hell breaks loose :/

Thank you so much for helping me! Best regards
Marvin M.

#I'm using affinity designer 1.6.5.135

Exported_by_affinity_yikes....thumb.png.2c420396476fd90278cc67753fc18f01.png

Normal_SVG_preview_in_chrome.svg

Original.jpg

Vectormagic.png

Hi,

it's a matter of interpreting the individual SVG curve points (sizes, point rounding) and their placement order here. Your first image (Normal_SVG_preview_in_chrome.svg) is a SVG made out of many single curve objects (like a puzzle) and that looks almost in all tools here (AD, Inkscape, Firefox, Chrome ...) like that. - To get temporary rid of those lines in AD you can modify the antialiasing settings of the layers before exporting.

antialiasing.jpg.c791589192f577662df5e005fc4ae9ec.jpg

In order to omit those things when vectorizing/tracing a bitmap, use a tracing mode where a multipass color quantization is used, so you only will have as many curves as you setup as colors to trace. Here every image color will yield to just one curves layer, limiting slightly the puzzle effect of many single object curves, though for photos will give too a more or less posterization effect.

sessel_trace.jpg.e8469d76c838a52ddae9877b458da654.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2