You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

rtf with tables

When I place a rtf file containing tables, the tables are imported as tabbed text.

I tested rtf files written by MS Word (PC), NeoOffice and Pages (Mac).

Not shure if this is to be considered a bug, but InDesign, Vivadesigner and even iCalamus do import tables in a rtf file as tables.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Publisher can't do inline table

Hm? – Meanwhile you can have a table inside a text frame and flowing as pinned inline object with the text:

1346032327_tableasinlineobject1.jpg.a4737bd2d08ed02391d85df7ccbba03f.jpg

244842455_tableasinlineobject2.jpg.c5d0786993d82e46288171c97d22b218.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

7 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Hm? – Meanwhile you can have a table inside a text frame and flowing as pinned inline object with the text:

Hm? That required doing it manually. That is a workaround. The original post asked if it was a bug that the Import converts the table to tabbed text and the answer is no.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood that you wanted to express "can't place/import" instead "can't do" in "Publisher can't do inline table at the moment."

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Publisher can't do inline table at the moment. It's not a bug but a limitation.

It does work when I place a docx file, though. Inline tables and all.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi all,

This is not really a bug, but a missing feature. When we wrote RTF import, we did not have a table feature. So not importing tables is kind of expected. DOCX has been written after implementing Tables, hence why it's working. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.