You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not really an Affinity thing, but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about tech stuff. 

Can anyone here recommend any decent free screen recording programs? I'm thinking of recording my drawing process.

I'm not a gamer, but most screen recording seems to be set up for that these days. 

Appreciate any help. 

10 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Which OS are using?
Who are you making the recordings for?
Where are the recordings going to be seen?
Do you need to also record sound?
Do you need to see mouse/keyborard actions on-screen?

I'm on Windows 10

I might upload to YouTube, but would probably need to speed up the recording. 

No sound, I don't think my PC has a mic... it was kind of custom built. might add a mic. 

I'd like to be able to record the whole screen.... I have a monitor & a Huion tablet, so I'd have the full screen image on the monitor & record that.

This is all just an idea really. 

There are many tools (free & commercial) for such purposes, which partly differ in overall supported features. Thus look at some common reviews and the like to get a first idea here ...

... then try out the one or other one, in order to see if it does and support what you would expect and individually need.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I am using Screencast-o-Matic (the paid version) which was recommended by an Udemy instructor. I also use Blueberry FlashBack (advanced Screen recording and editing) and FastStone Screencapture (mainly taking still screencaptures but can also record screens). FlashBack and Faststone Screencapture however are not free. However the Faststone solution cost around 19 Euro for an unlimted version. I like all 3 products which are complementing each other.

Chris