You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Develop extension for MAX OS X Photos

Since upgrading to Affinity Photo 1.7 last week, I can no longer edit photos in Mac Photos with the Affinity Develop extension. I get an error "Unable to edit with Affinity Develop" whenever I try to save any edits. Help please!

• Staff

Hi dsmart26,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm for me:

1. Did you purchase the app from the Mac App Store or directly from the Affinity Store?

2. does the error message appear when trying to open the image in Affinity, or is the image passed correctly, then after developing you cannot 'return' to Photos?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, this has been reported by another customer here - 

However myself and my colleagues are currently unable to replicate this, could you please confirm the following:

Do you have any other applications that has access to the same 'Edit in' menu? I'm trying to discern if there is a third party app interfering perhaps.

Do you know what file type you're trying to open from Photos? Is it a RAW file? If so from which camera?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that. Our developers are looking into this, in the meantime the user in the thread above has fully uninstalled and reinstalled the application and this has fixed the Apples Photo 'round trip' for him. If willing, could you try this for me?

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know, I'm sorry to hear it. I'll pass this info through to our development team - who are currently working to fix this issue. Many thanks for your continued patience!

Please note -

Many thanks!