You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Default color difference

What are the two apps?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@walt.farrell are you seriously asking this Question?

@Wosven But why? I don't want to change color profile every time I open Images. SOftware now in this days try to make peoples life easier. & you are saying every time I open an image in the A Photo, I have to check 1st the color profile or compare it by opening the same image in other software.

I think they can use a popup that gives the user a hint that the color profile has been changed or something like that. I don't want surprises like this.

Every software must show the file in the original format. Unless I change it myself. Every software shows the file in the original format. but affinity shows some yellow tone with it. This is the first time I use it to try affinity & this happen. XD.

Thank you for your reply guys.

The problem can come from your settings: a wrong default profile in AP (for your screnn, in the preferences > colour > RGB colour profile), an option set to assign specific profile depending of colour spaces (can be used when working for print to avoid non printable colours, etc.)…

Sometimes we change the settings when installing the apps (or with Bridge in the Adobe suit for each app to use the same settings) and forget about it until we need a specific option…

I had this problem a few days ago: in a short time I used the Impainting Brush Tool on AP for fantastic result… but the exported image wasn't in the correct profile.

Since I had no time to play with profiles, I thought I could do it easily in Photoshop: the result was laughable and impossible to use… and certainly not for a cover! It was easier to spend 2 minutes using my brain and modifying the profiles in AP :D
Sometimes, we need more that a quarter of a second to check some information when we're in a hurry…

16 minutes ago, Abhilekh said:

I think they can use a popup that gives the user a hint that the color profile has been changed or something like that.

There's usually a popup for this, or when we activate fonts, etc. I don't always read them now… Perhaps being able to open a panel and read them after they appear would be usefull.

I checked everything is the same in both apps. you are saying there's usually a popup. But I couldn't find any. All that I am saying why they don't use the same color profile by default,  all the software are using.

I don't want to argue what is good or bad. Just tell me if anyone knows how to fix it.

the color profiles are the same

color.jpg

The setting of the apps are the same (but for Gray, but it's not causing problem here). And AP is set to warn you when assigning a profile.

Can you check the profiles of your image too? (in AP it's sRGB IEC61966...) it should be the same in Photoshop.

You can try this too: