If you accidentally switch to separate mode, which I did, I cannot switch back to Merge All Windows.  Does not work any longer after the new update.

Have to tried clicking on the Separated Mode option again? It's a toggle setting, and is not related to Merge All Windows.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Yeah, didn't work with the new version.  Will not go back once it separates.  I had to reset everything in order to get it back again.  I lost all my settings also. 

6 hours ago, WalkInVerse said:

Yeah, didn't work with the new version.  Will not go back once it separates.  I had to reset everything in order to get it back again.  I lost all my settings also. 

Thanks for letting us know - I'm sorry you lost all of your custom settings. Our QA team haven't been able to replicate this yet but we will continue to monitor the forum to see if anyone else reports the same issue.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:01 AM, WalkInVerse said:

If you accidentally switch to separate mode, which I did, I cannot switch back to Merge All Windows.  Does not work any longer after the new update.

Which Mac OS version are you using? I am running High Sierra & it works fine for me.

Also, are you maybe running any third party windows manager add-ons? 

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1