You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

CONTINUALLY CRASHING!!!!!! I CAN'T WORK ON ANYTHING

After the update, everything crashes and I have a deadline!  How the hell can I roll back?  I am dead in the water.  Every file I try to open, the app crashes continually!

I just updated and now I need to rollback.  This is an emergency as I have a freaking deadline in a few hours.  HELP!!!!!!!

Update:  Found someone with the same issue, it is a bug.  Was about to find a temp workaround, I think.

Went to preference and saw it defaulted to Metal and I switched to GPU, at least I can open a few of the files.  Still testing.  I had no issue whatsoever with the previous version and I have been a long time user.

Mac Settings:

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Complete log attached

crash.dmp

The only way I rolled back was to check Time Machine snapshots and see if pre-update Affinity Photo (1.6.7) exists in Applications folder.  If it does, then delete 1.7.0 and go back to Time Machine and bring it forward.  You can also try to bring it forward from Time Machine and select Replace when asked if you want to keep them both.  You also need to check for all Affinity Library folders in Time Machine, if you need to keep your UI settings.  (A post in this forum has details on the path, if you need it, though hopefully search on Mac will pull that up). Best of luck.  I'm just an amateur with compositing for fun. I can't imagine the stress this crashing / slow update would cause a pro. 

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I turned that features off.  I know, I know.  I normally never upgrade with a new release, but I love this product and never had an issue.  There are quite I few bugs I am hitting, but I am able to get it back on by setting it to GPU.  I should have installed both, rather than overwrite what I had.  If I could download the previously version that would be best.

21 hours ago, Andy Somerfield said:

Hi,

Thanks - we have got this fixed and will release a build to beta early this coming week. The build will be made public on or before the 19th June.

Hope this helps and sorry for the inconvenience!

Andy.

Thank you!