You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've seen a couple of posts reporting this. You have a baseline manager icon, and no snapping icons. 

This is a bug. 

You need to reset the toolbar to default: customize the toolbar and drag the default from the bottom of the dialog over the existing, incorrect toolbar. 

That should fix it. 

More discussion here... 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

How can I re-load the previous version of AD? Should I be able to do this from by backup files?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

If you have saved versions of the 1.6.5 installer, then yes that should work.

Or…

But, did you try what I suggested above? Did it fix the toolbar? If so, why do you want to return to the previous version?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

No I didn't try the fix because it is too different for me and I do not want any more bugs.

I'm too long in the tooth to handle update changes etc. I really got used to the previous version and know where everything is.

My contention with software updates is if it works OK then leave it. Why is it necessary to make what amounts to cosmetic changes if it foesn't change functionality? As I said in a previous message, why waste development time making cosmetic changes when the time could be better employed developing requested features?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

50 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

If you have saved versions of the 1.6.5 installer, then yes that should work.

BTW where would I find the previous installer?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

13 minutes ago, jackamus said:

BTW where would I find the previous installer?

If you purchased directly from Serif, then you'd find it wherever you saved it when you did the download.

Or you might try signing in to the Affinity Store and looking at your Downloads and Product Keys.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

How can I re-load the previous version of AD? Should I be able to do this from by backup files?

If you purchased through the Mac App Store, a Time Machine or similar backup is your only option.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I originally purchased AD at the time it was first published. My email address then is now defunct so I can't sign-in to the Affinity shop.

How do I re-subscribe to Serif so that I may check-out my downloads and product keys?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

17 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I originally purchased AD at the time it was first published. My email address then is now defunct so I can't sign-in to the Affinity shop.

AD was originally only available through the Mac App Store, so you won’t have an Affinity Store account unless you created one for another purpose such as purchasing the workbook or claiming freebies.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

OK. When I checked Time Machine and found the last previous version of AD it said I couldn't open it as if may be corrupted. When would it have been automatically updated to 1.7 so I can check the most recent earlier version?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

On 6/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, Aammppaa said:

I've seen a couple of posts reporting this. You have a baseline manager icon, and no snapping icons. 

This is a bug. 

You need to reset the toolbar to default: customize the toolbar and drag the default from the bottom of the dialog over the existing, incorrect toolbar. 

That should fix it. 

More discussion here... 

Thx a lot. This did the trick. Did not try it before, because the magnet was not shown in the option menu.