You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0 crashing when exporting

1.7.0 is frequently crashing when I export a document. Often this is when switching from one export location to another; or possibly when changing from one file type to another. It also sometimes makes me go through an extra confirmation step when exporting that I don't understand.

Same issue. Opened a file, cropped it, saved it, exported it and when I specify save location and click save, the app crashes. Did this consistently over six different images. I reopened and the export went fine. I've also seen the weird confirmation/permission step. Something about 'multiple files to this location'.

I am also getting a weird freeze. When I export, and hit save it freezes. Also When I export (i believe this happened to me in designer as well) I hit save, then I get a weird prompt I have never gotten before, it asks me for permission to save to a folder.

MAC OSX HIGH SIERRA

It asked me for permission to save I said ok, now i don't get the permission it just freezes. I have been editing video so I think my RAM is nearing empty so I will reboot. But there is still the weird permissions to save to a folder that I have never seen on any program.

I should also add: I had zero issues with the 1.7 beta

I rebooted my computer, still freezing on save. Not sure what happened it was working fine yesterday.

Late Model  2012 iMac 27inch  - 3.4 GHZ Core i7 - 32 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForces GTX 2GB - macOS High Sierra

I'm running some tests. I can no longer save to my desktop. I chose a different drive. When I export, choose jpeg, then export and choose my directly and hit save another dialog box pops up an it says:

"Allow access to the folder to export multiple files" I say yes or save then it allows me to save.

Once I do that I can save to that directory. I can open files and resave them to another directory.

Late Model  2012 iMac 27inch  - 3.4 GHZ Core i7 - 32 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForces GTX 2GB - macOS High Sierra

• Staff

We have replicated the permissions prompt and understand the cause. We will look into what can be done to avoid this going forward. I imagine the crash is related but we have not replicated that bit yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you!

One thing I did is create a new image. Saved to my desktop. Then exported the jpeg to my desktop. I wanted to fix a color issue, so I opened the file back up, fixed, then re-exported over the same file, I get the allow access, then I hit confim, then it says it cannot save the file. Then if I go through the whole export again and try to save that is when I get the frozen save screen

Not sure if any of that helps but I will post just in case.

5 minutes ago, BHP said:

More information is always better than none. Plus you have specific steps and procedures. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:44 PM, Patrick Connor said:

We have replicated the permissions prompt and understand the cause. We will look into what can be done to avoid this going forward. I imagine the crash is related but we have not replicated that bit yet.

I am having this issue. Earlier I've been exporting files and it came up with the double prompt with the second one asking for permission. This seems to have then 'granted' Photo access to these folders.

However, having opened a RAW file, edited (developed) it and then when I tried to save in a location it just came up with an error saying it doesn't have permission to save in that location and no prompt to give permission. This happened even when saving to Desktop or Documents folder.

The only way around it (to avoid losing work) was to navigate to a folder where I had earlier given Photo permissions to save to. This was then successful and I could drag and drop the file to the correct location.

This is with the MAS version. I've been beta testing 1.7 for some time and not had this issue.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, BHP said:

Thank you!

One thing I did is create a new image. Saved to my desktop. Then exported the jpeg to my desktop. I wanted to fix a color issue, so I opened the file back up, fixed, then re-exported over the same file, I get the allow access, then I hit confim, then it says it cannot save the file. Then if I go through the whole export again and try to save that is when I get the frozen save screen

Sadly saving to my desktop didn't work for me!

EDIT: Having now tried to reopen the file that I had dragged and dropped via finder to the correct location, Photo is refusing to open it due to lack of permissions. I have also subsequently renamed the RAW files and now Photo will not open them either for the same reason.

1415071432_Screenshot2019-06-11at12_34_23.png.c992975b7db1dcb8fb76c14405521e55.png

EDIT 2: I now cannot even use the 'export' trick outlined above to convince Photo that it has permission to open these files. I am basically unable to work with Photo because files will not open, nor will they save. This is a pretty major problem @MEB

OK, I have restarted my Mac and our server and this weird permissions thing seems to have disappeared. It is very strange because the problem was only occurring with Photo. For now, I seem to be OK but will report back if it crops up again.

So, if you are suffering from the same problems I was, try restarting stuff and see if that helps.

• Staff

Please can you read this post and try the 1.7.1.138 beta if you wish. It installs parallel to the release, (and so does not overwrite it).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please can you read this post and try the 1.7.1.138 beta if you wish. It installs parallel to the release, (and so does not overwrite it).

Sure, I'll give it a go. Although some of my issues are resolved having restarted various things, I am still getting the double dialogue with the permission request. Hopefully this beta will fix it.

Thanks Patrick,

I will use if it comes down to it. I am working around my errors for now.

I'm in the middle of major projects and I want to make sure photo and designer work like 1.6 and so far everything is great and better.

Brett

Hey Guys,

I'm working on Mac OS Mojave and Affinity Photo 1.7 from the App Store. Same issue here. But I notice something.
When I export a file to different folder, Affinity Photo ask me about "allow access to the folder to export multiple files" even if I'm exporting a single file (see attachment). It doesn't happen when I was using all beta versions.

affinityphoto-ask-for-access.jpg

3 minutes ago, andersoncosta said:

Hey Guys,

I'm working on Mac OS Mojave and Affinity Photo 1.7 from the App Store. Same issue here. But I notice something.
When I export a file to different folder, Affinity Photo ask me about "allow access to the folder to export multiple files" even if I'm exporting a single file (see attachment). It doesn't happen when I was using all beta versions.

affinityphoto-ask-for-access.jpg

Hi, yes, from what I can tell this is part of the way the bug appears. Certainly it does for me. 

• Staff

This folder request has been identified and will not happen in the first patch of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. It will only need to occur for Affinity Publisher, when exporting a number of specific pages to (individual) multiple files, and the permission is only sought once per folder.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd